Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Nikon Spot On issues?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Anyone else have any issues with the Nikon Spot On website? I have played with this in the past and found it very cool. I have a Nikon BDC Omega scope. Never really used it as 68yds has been the longest shot I have taken on a deer. The rest were all in bow range. I have my muzzle loader dialed in and was shooting out to 180yds tonight. I shot crosshairs, and the first two bubbles down in the reticle just to see on paper what difference it makes. Got home and dinking around on their website shows me different numbers. This doesn't bother me as I know on paper what my limitations are. I am confident down to the first bubble. I will not take a 360yd shot because the paper and ballistics program tells me to use the last bubble UNLESS I have personally shot this far and feel confident in making this shot without a rest. Well, I haven't, so I won't shoot further than what I know I can do on paper.

I kept getting script errors every time I tried to change parameters. For example: Plug info into program and it worked fine. Attempt to change scope magnification and it locks up. Started over. Same thing. Plug info in, but this time with different shot distances. First distance would be okay, but when I attempt to change to different target distance it locks up.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has had issues or if it is on my end. Bottom line: I am going to trust the paper. Zero at 1" high at 100yds. First bubble down was 2" high at 180yds. Using Kentucky windage, I am confident out to 200yds on the first bubble down. Probably further, but I am not into wounding deer. I like to eat them. I am confident in my abilities and realize my limitations. Knowing your limitations and accepting them is being ethical in my opinion. Seeing the ballistic program work and verify what the paper showed me would simply make me feel better.

Last edited: