Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fluteman's Lanyards

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
There seemed to be no better day that Saturday to breakout the brand new, custom colored Fluteman Lanyard. Afterall, it was the day of "The Game" and I was going to be hunting alongside a fan from "that team up north." If only the ducks would've cooperated, we could've got a better picture with the Lanyard draped over a couple greenheads, but unfortunately that was not the case. Regardless of that, I was able to give the lanyard a good first time field test to see it's true fit.

One of the cool things for me, was having the size done up to fit me. What I look for in a lanyard is something durable that's going to last many season, it holds the calls securely in the drops, and that the calls are within perfect proximity when I reach for them. I've had lanyards that were too long, or the drops were either too long or not placed in what I felt were the best positions. There's nothing worse that spotting birds, quickly reaching for your call, and then not being able to find it making you fumble around like a monkey with a football. That extra movement wastes time and causes movement which can both kill the opportunity when things are happening quickly in tight quarters.

Being the customer service oriented entrepreneur & craftsman that Mr. Fluteman is, he worked with me to come up with the right measurements that would place the calls hanging off the lanyard in the precise position when I reached for them. Then the drops were made with removable clips that would allow me to place the calls exactly where I wanted them along the lanyard. You can also have extra drops made up if you have a collection of calls that you rotate based on seasons, conditions, and time of the year. Having your extra calls already fitted with drops makes switching up the calls on your lanyard a snap... literally.

The knot end of the drops are also covered with a patent pending sleeve (*disclaimer - I don't know if it's really patent pending, but it sounds cool) to help protect the knots from coming undone. I've had this happen many times over the years and it's always in the worse conditions. The knots were also something that was custom sized based on the diameter of the calls I was planning on hanging off the lanyard. The knots slide open easily to slip the call into, then sinch down tightly to secure both ends of the call.

All in all I couldn't be happier with the way everything comes together. The functionality of everything is customizable based on what my preferences are for call positioning. Even the number of calls I want hanging around my neck, like during late goose season for example I can simply unclip my duck calls instead of toting them around for no reason. Then there's the color scheme which is also 100% custom and 100% awesome. The Fluteman's custom Buckeye Lanyard is going to look good raining down ducks and geese for seasons to come!! Thanks again Greg for building such a great lanyard... more pics to come with dead critters!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is awesome. Not into waterfowl hunting, but that looks great! Fluteman is the master of the weave! Must have killed him doing one in Buckeye colors. Isn't he a fan of that team up north? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I have one also and will add that they are great. Even custom tuned at deer camp! I would spoon with Flutie. Lol

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I just wandered across this today. Sean, thank you so much for the review. Glad to hear the lanyard is working out for you! Been thinking seriously about getting back into the paracord business again. Maybe after the first of the year.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Hell of a write up Sean!

Greg made me a black and dark grey model and it simply badass! I've seen several other lanyards and IMO, Greg is making the best out there right now. I'll snap some pics of mine next time we are out!