Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Won a gun!!!

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
Bought a $10 dollar gun raffle ticket and won a Ruger American 30-06! Anyone ever shot one before? I read the reviews and from what I can tell it looks like a decent rifle. Thanks for listening because when I woke up my wife to tell her she rolled back over and went to bed without saying a word lol. I'm just TOO excited and had to share hahaha

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good for you Nick! Nevermind the wife. They never appreciate such cool things while they are sleeping. lmao

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
That's Cool Nick. I like seeing people I know win things. Next time......Just tell the wife: "Honey, I bought you a 1.5 carat diamond" When she jumps out of bed and says "For Real?" Then you say "Just kidding, but I did win this cool gun"rotflmao

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Dang Nick, you're on a roll this year. Nice buck, now a new 06 for he arsenal..... Congrats.....

teej89

NE PA
That's Cool Nick. I like seeing people I know win things. Next time......Just tell the wife: "Honey, I bought you a 1.5 carat diamond" When she jumps out of bed and says "For Real?" Then you say "Just kidding, but I did win this cool gun"rotflmao

Hahahaha!

30-06 is a good gun. I own his younger brother also the 25-06. My brother in law is just getting into hunting in PA and I told him to get a 30-06, cuz it can knock down whitetails and you can take her out west for the big critters.

Strizzi

That's awesome congrats man. My uncle just bought one a few months back, i sighted it in for him. It was stacking holes at 100 yards with Remington ammo. I would buy one in a heart beat if I could find a use for it. But congrats!!

Huckleberry Finn

I believe the American is a competor in the Savage Axis or Remington 770 market. I think the reviews on the American are the highest for that entry level group.

Congrats

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I believe the American is a competor in the Savage Axis or Remington 770 market. I think the reviews on the American are the highest for that entry level group.

Congrats

The American smokes the 770 IMHO. The American is one of the first rifles I would recommend that doesn't break the budget along with the Howa 1500 and Marlin X series.

rooster85

Lake County
Hahahaha!

30-06 is a good gun. I own his younger brother also the 25-06. My brother in law is just getting into hunting in PA and I told him to get a 30-06, cuz it can knock down whitetails and you can take her out west for the big critters.

Exactly. The down side to hunting in Ohio is i cant use any of my '06s. Great caliber.

Congrats on winning.