Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Primos DPS question

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Was wondering if anyone on TOO uses one of the Primos DPS time lapse cameras...I recently picked on up from ebay but it didn't come with the software disk...I like the camera, as it takes lots of great pictures and is pretty good on battery life...the only thing that sucks is that they programmed the dang thing to spit out pictures in a .jpx format as oppossed to the normal jpeg format...I have been having trouble loading the at a glance software from their website also...can't find anything to open up a .jpln format program

I think my best option (if I want to continue to run the camera) is to find one of those software disks if possible.

I guess my questions are:

1) does anyone here use this camera?
2) were you able to load the "at a glance" software from primos website, if so please help me figure that one out?
3) If you have the software disk, can someone burn me a copy and send me one, or let me know whats the best way to get one?

Thanks guys and gals!

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Darn shame the program uses some jacked up extension files instead of JPEG or something simple....I'lljust get rid of the dang thing now. Thanks anyways

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Unbelievably, I got the program to work correctly...even more unbelievably, not one single deer in 10,000 photos...time to move the camera I think...or find another place to hunt!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
You went through 10k photos???? Holy crapp!!!! I zone out when I have a couple a hundred hahaha..

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
That's why I needed that software to work...it speeds through the thousands of photos it takes during daylight hours so you can see them all in minutes....would work pretty nice to tell where deer are coming and going from into an area...IF I ONLY HAD SOME DEER!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I have one of those! I freaking hate it! I hung it on a plot, and I hated the software more. I used to hightlight a day at a time in pics, and just hold down the button to go through them in slide show mode. Freaking barely captured deer. I have a camera taht just took 1300 pics in 3 weeks!