Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Trail Cam Advice......

CritterGitterToo

Central Ohio
I have a lot of Cabelas points and plan on taking advantage of a Friday deal. I am either getting a 5mp Bushnell Trophy Cam or the Spypoint BF-8 IR. I saw something about multiple trigger dimension for the Spypoint and was considering that one. Ideally, I'd like to hang it high in a tree to help prevent theft (I'll also cable lock it). I am concerned about reviews saying it doesn't work, having to return and exchange it, etc. I just don't want to end up with a lemon. So, any input from the guys on here would be greatly appreciated. I know a lot of you have a tremendous amount of experience with cams. Bushnell or Spypoint?

runhunter

3rd that.. had a few Spypoints, always seemed to get blurry or bright night time pics. I wasn't a fan... Bushnell makes a pretty good camera though. Do it up

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Bushnell- I have both. Better quality pics with Bushnell. 2yr warranty. I have had plenty of Bushnell issues but they keep replacing them when I have issues.

I believe the best camera out there for the price is the Bushnell carried at Walmart. A great $99 camera with 1 2 or 3 burst mode and interval settings down to 2 seconds. Runs on only four AA batteries and they last a long time. Don't know the model number, they are both in the woods. I've had no problems with the two that I own. I also have a Busnell Trophy Cam that I have had for three years with no issues.

CritterGitterToo

Central Ohio
Thanks for the input guys. I was leaning toward the Bushnell. After a $30 mail-in rebate the final price paid would be $79.99 which seems like a hell of a deal on that cam. Also, I don't generally do the whole "black Friday" thing, but Cabelas is literally 5 minutes from my house. So, I was thinking I might try to go and get in the line at like 4am, and see if I can win one of their give-aways.

Diablo54

Outside
I would love to know how big this buck is....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385580183.088236.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385580202.137598.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385580225.487223.jpg

My moultries would have let me see

CritterGitterToo

Central Ohio
I did a quick drive by at 10pm last night and there was easily 150+ in line already. It was very cold to be standing in a line all night freezing! I went at 5am and was out the door with my Trophy cam in about 20 minutes. Thanks again for the advice!