Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Savage Arms customer service

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
As most of you know, I bulged the barrel on my Savage ML-II smokeless muzzleloader by accidentally leaving the ram rod in the barrel and then firing it down range. I acquired a used 50 cal barrel and purchased a Savage barrel nut wrench, but I quickly realized that I wasn't getting the old barrel off with out a barrel vice. It was then that I decided to just send it into Savage and have them deal with it and let the cost be a lesson to never do that again. I stripped the old barrel, took off my scope and mounts, removed the breach and stock and sent it in for inspection and repair.

I picked it up from UPS today with a new barrel, new sights, new breach and vent liner, new barrel nut and they even refinished my bolt. They did all of this as a no charge. I'm ecstatic to say the least.

Griz

NH
How many more guns will that move sell? I'd say many. There nothing better than knowing the company is behind you 100%.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am very satisfied with the Savage rifles I own. This report on their customer service makes me feel even better about my previous purchases. Thanks for sharing Mike!

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I just got a new 212 Sunday. Put the Nikon slughunter on it today and it's ready to go. Me likely!!!...lol... Already had two guys think its a rifle...

Lundy

Savage has a history of being very helpful, even when the damage is the fault of the shooter.

I own 3 Savage MZ's that I am very happy with

Be very happy you were shooting a Savage, Glad the learning experience wasn't costly in $$$ or injury, just a little embarrassment:)

Great that they took care of you like they did. Company could have easily said, owner error, your problem.

I own two synthetic stocked Savage 93 rimfires, a 22 Mag and a 17 HMR. Both shoot very well and are great guns for the money. I will say that the firing pin spring is a little weak though on my 22 Mag. It will misfire very frequently while using ammo made by Winchester. I did some research and found this is a common issue due to a stronger brass alloy Winchester uses. No problem, my guns like CCI ammo the best anyways.

I think Savage will be a strong competitor in the gun world for years to come.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This is awesome! I own a couple Savages so this really gives me some peace of mind. Thanks for sharing, Mike.