Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cool mount!!

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
So I was dropping our deer off at the processor/ taxi and walked in and saw this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385422417.454548.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385422433.626161.jpg

He said it has been in his freezer for 11 years!! He forgot he had it. He said he thawed it out and it was still mountable so he mounted it. It didn't turn out quite like he wanted it but he is still happy he was able to do it. I think it is pretty frickin cool myself!

Diablo54

Outside
Whys that?

Indians had always believed albino and piebald animals were old Indian chiefs from the past. Coming back as animals. After killing one you have seven years to live at most. I know let me re say that I knew 4 people who had killed a piebald or albino. 3 deer and 1 squirrel. None of them are here today.

I'll never harm one on purpose.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Indians had always believed albino and piebald animals were old Indian chiefs from the past. Coming back as animals. After killing one you have seven years to live at most. I know let me re say that I knew 4 people who had killed a piebald or albino. 3 deer and 1 squirrel. None of them are here today.

The Great Spirit.

White animals are seen to natives as the Great Spirit/Ghosts. Should never be killed if you see one. Bad luck will follow if it is killed and if seen would bring good luck.

rooster85

Lake County

Thats good to know. Thanks for the heads up!

bowieoutdoors

*Supporting member*
Albinos are genetic deformities. I don't buy into the bad luck stuff. I've seen two albino animals in the wild in my lifetime. A doe on a property I couldn't hunt and a squirrel on property I do hunt. If given the opportunity that squirrel would be on my wall. Indians believed alot of things. They also smoked alot of peyote.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Albinos are genetic deformities. I don't buy into the bad luck stuff. I've seen two albino animals in the wild in my lifetime. A doe on a property I couldn't hunt and a squirrel on property I do hunt. If given the opportunity that squirrel would be on my wall. Indians believed alot of things. They also smoked alot of peyote.

And this one has already been in the freezer for 11 years. Is he the one who shot it?