Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Guess what! I know something TOO...,

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Big hint, this hunter scored during Kentuckys last day of gun season. More points for team 8. Killed a buck and doe today but I'll let him tell the story and post the pics.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Well here is the story but the pics are gonna be a little later as they are on my phone and the wifi at work aint working and cell coverage here sucks! This may be a little long, sorry in advance.

We are leaving for Michigan on Wed morning after I get off work, so naturally we were running around most of the morning trying to get stuff done. We got to a good amount done and I was gonna go hunting for the last day of gun KY gun season and my g/f was gonna drop my son off at his moms house and get a few more things done this evening. As im changing clothes I walked back downstairs and said I would take care of a few things tomorrow and ask her if she wanted to go with me. she agreed and we changed and left, dropped my son off at his moms house and headed south to the farm. We got there about 3:30 put the warm stuff on and headed up the hill. She went to her stand and I was headed to mine. Weeeeelllll I didnt make it to my stand.. I rounded the corner and out in the field 50yds in front of me stood the buck. I stood there for a sec to see if he was gonna run or what when he just stood there I brought up the gun, looked at his head to see if he was shootable then dropped down onto his vitals and let ol' Black Betty sing her song! She shot a little hot cause I spine shot him so he dropped in his tracks. As im standing there taking it all in I see a doe jump the fence off the properity about 200yds away. Then as soon as I called him in and got the conf # another doe walk up from the bottom into another field about 120yds or so away and just stood there looking at me. She was right inbetween 2 trees and the lane was clear so Betty sang again!! Same thing she folded and dropped right where she stood.

So I grab my phone, call my g/f told her what happened and told her to stay put cause she was on the other side of the farm and could still possably get one before the day is over. Then all my work began.. Dressed then both and drug the doe to where the buck was. One at a time I drug them as far as I could up the hill.. It was getting close to dark and I knew there were some hay bails that I could hide behind and see my g/f so thats where I headed.. Well I got over there still 250yds away from her I pulled out the binos. I saw where she was then scanned the field and didnt see anything. I went back to her and couldnt see as much orange so I looked harder and saw she was standing then I saw the muzzle flash, 2 sec later I heard the BOOM!!! I looked up and said THANK YOU to the man upstairs then headed her way. As im walking to her I shear another shot ring behind me where a kid was hunting on the same farm. Wow cleaning house on the farm today.. I get to her and she is looking all around for it. I asked which way it ran and we headed that way. I saw 1 drop of blood, 5 feet 2 more, my thought is great gonna have to track this thing into some nastyness and hope to get to her before the yotes do.. I looked to my left with the flashlight cause its dark at this point, and there she layed! My G/f just shot her first deer with a gun! All in all it was a great hunt for everyone tonight! By the time the night was over I had 4 deer in the back of my truck and 3 were ours!! Pics coming soon.

Sorry for the long read!

Last edited: