Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

You wanna know something?

I'm officially done bowhunting for deer, until further notice. Further notice will consist of more dead coyotes or a Deer Gun Season kill.

I'm just seeing more coyotes than deer and seen another one yesterday morning, that passed by my stand by about 80 yards. Starting Monday, I'll be dedicating all my hunting time to killing coyotes in and around the sections that I hunt.

This isn't just a "rant" or bitching thing, as I've seen 2 deer for the entire season. When this area commonly produces a 2 or 3 deer sighting per week, so there's more to it. I used to hear coyotes in the distance...a mile or more away. This year, they're at the edge of the woods that I'm hunting, by last light and start yipping and howling as soon as I'm on the ground. Plus, I'm seeing coyote tracks on the deer trails that are used inside the woods and that used to never happen.

I'll be posting pics of kills in the Small Game Hunting section, as I get them. This pisses me off, but I've have to look at it from the perspective of another type of hunting opportunity and some "house cleaning". I may expand my range, as I'm already hearing from other land owners as to their coyote problems, pics on trail cams of a coyote with a fawn in its' mouth, etc.

A future hunting method of mine may consist of coyote hunting in the spring, so that I can deer hunt in the fall. :smiley_chinrub:

Hope to see you in the coyote hunting section soon. :smiley_bril:
Bowhunter57

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I've been getting yotes on my tc almost daily. My brother should be getting his suppressor for his .223 AR soon, I'm buying a FoxPro and we are going to kill those bastards.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
seems thats gonna have to be the focus for most of us. killing yotes in the winter is going to be the best way to insure fawn survival in the spring. might even bring some of the turkeys back around here.

DeadOn

Yotes are bad everywhere. I had them yelping very near my back door last night around 2am. I'm going to be setting some traps soon for sure.