Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

It's coming

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385296752.333837.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
At this point, I'm probably going too eat the buck tag and fill it with a doe or two.....

I think I'm just going too hit the rabbits after gun season until muzzleloader.... Then back after the bunnies.....

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
At this point, I'm probably going too eat the buck tag and fill it with a doe or two.....

Thats pretty much what i am thinking as well. Id like to put one in the freezer anyway. Problem is, i am hesitant to take a doe around here. Might have to be a public land doe.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Only one reason im not looking forward to it.. I will probably be moving in the middle of december or as soon as the VA gets off their ass and processes the apprasial!! Other than that bring it on!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Short of my little freezer filling ventures in the backyard, I haven't killed a deer with a gun on an actual hunt since 2007. I actually plan to hunt Monday in an effort to kill Jack so that we can get a new buck(s) to hang around. Should be a good day and the weather is perfect!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I'm trying to work my schedule to have Monday off as well. If it pans out, I will be sitting first thing in the morning and then doing a few drives with buddies in the afternoon. May get a hunt or two in the weekend as well.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
At work today too clean up some stuff and sign some things then starting tomorrow I'm off until the 9th..... Hitting the rabbit woods until Sunday then break out the slugs....

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
If my buddy, Lathe, doesn't kill before gun season, I'll be taking him over to Ross Co to see if we can find Popcorn. We always have a good time hunting together. If he fills his tag beforehand, I'll probably go sit on the east side of our little 6acre woods here at home. By 8 am, I'll get bored and walk to the house for coffee or a nap. :) It just wouldn't be right to not participate in opening day of gun season even if it is a half-hearted effort.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I am looking forward to the weather it will be nice to not sweat my arse off. However the one farmer still has corn up around the farm so I am thinking of the best way towork that angle. Last year we saw a ton of det opening day and any that were missed camped out in the corn for a few days.

Blackbeard

Oak Hill, OH
I'll probably go sit on the east side of our little 6acre woods here at home. By 8 am, I'll get bored and walk to the house for coffee or a nap. :) It just wouldn't be right to not participate in opening day of gun season even if it is a half-hearted effort.

Ditto, hunt with my cousins and brother just for the fun with no real aspirations to shoot anything.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
This will be the first gun season that I'm looking forward to for myself in years. I plan on hunting every day, and maybe a few all day sits.

Good for you Dale.
I'm not sure I'll be home for any of the gun next week so while your out there take a moment, suck it all in and think of me. Thanks :smiley_bril: