Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What would you do??????

OhioJoe

Hey all I know what i personally would do, but just wondering....heres the scenario on the map i attached....the red encircled area nobody can hunt, the red Dot is my blind, the green lines are well established deer trails (hence why I am setup where I am) the yellow line represents Mr hunter who I feel has encroached upon me his "walking path into the woods to his newly mounted stand at the blue point(about 200ft from me) I have never asked for permission to hunt the "woods" he is in, but anyways, my blind has been there since september, I even met the guy last night and he stated he saw and "checked" out my blind (got him on the trail cam)...I know i cant really do much this year, so i guess next year i will have to get permission first and "block him off"...but I felt it was pretty crappy he set up his stand so close and he knows that the deer travel these paths, but he made the comment last night that he hasnt seen them in 2 weeks....hmmmm about the time he setup his stand....i wonder why??(dripping with sarcasm)....then this AM he shows up about 7:00, and promptly exits about 8:45....I am really pissed but i think he has ruined my setup for the year....just feel like if he saw my blind and everything should he not of chosen a different spot?...i know I would of.....but thats just me,,,, map.jpg

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Unfortunately that kind of thing happens a lot. Not much you can do other than beat him in in the morning, piss on his treestand and let him wonder what that smell is when he gets there.

OhioJoe

Unfortunately that kind of thing happens a lot. Not much you can do other than beat him in in the morning, piss on his treestand and let him wonder what that smell is when he gets there.

wouldnt be too hard seeing how he shows up so dang late......of course, i could move the ground blind on my property damn near under his stand, then jsut not hunt it, bet the deer wouldnt like that....lmao

OhioJoe

Maybe I missed something. Do you have permission to have a blind where it is at?

Yes I have permission for where I am at, he is less than 200ft from me and has permission there, 2 different properties, and he clearly saw my blind when he setup....he told me he saw it....i know nothing can be done, just upsetting that he is so inconsiderate, not to mention since he put it up and has been using the deer trails to come in and out I havent seen anything!, not even the camera is getting anything, well except pics of him walking in and out....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Some ass wipe leased the farm north of us this year and posted it HEAVILY without talking to the neighbors first. Then I found a climber 10' off the property line. If they hunt it on a N wind, it ruins an entire oak flat on our place. So I've been debating this issue for a few weeks now. I'm biting my tongue until I see what happens gun week. If they're discrete, I'll be friendly when I approach them for the first time. If it's a damn shooting gallery, it's gonna get ugly. I've not shot a deer on our farm in 5 years and we stopped shooting does 3 years ago and I'm seeing the results. If this guy wants to act like he owns the neighborhood, he's got something coming.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Yes I have permission for where I am at, he is less than 200ft from me and has permission there, 2 different properties, and he clearly saw my blind when he setup....he told me he saw it....i know nothing can be done, just upsetting that he is so inconsiderate, not to mention since he put it up and has been using the deer trails to come in and out I havent seen anything!, not even the camera is getting anything, well except pics of him walking in and out....
Does he have permission to be walking the trails on the property you're on?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Some ass wipe leased the farm north of us this year and posted it HEAVILY without talking to the neighbors first. Then I found a climber 10' off the property line. If they hunt it on a N wind, it ruins an entire oak flat on our place. So I've been debating this issue for a few weeks now. I'm biting my tongue until I see what happens gun week. If they're discrete, I'll be friendly when I approach them for the first time. If it's a damn shooting gallery, it's gonna get ugly. I've not shot a deer on our farm in 5 years and we stopped shooting does 3 years ago and I'm seeing the results. If this guy wants to act like he owns the neighborhood, he's got something coming.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

That's bullchit

OhioJoe

Does he have permission to be walking the trails on the property you're on?

Yes and No...its a vacant property(no house with a gas well on it), he asked the neighbor and she gave him permission to park and walk..even though she don't own the property!.....and that's the sticky thing..i don't walk the trails..A: I have no permission, B: Dont want my stink all over them...that corner on my map is actually a corner where 4 properties join, he and I are basically catty-corner, i know he doesn't have permission to hunt the open field where his stand is pointing as the guy wont give anyone permission...I got my plan for next year, I will just lock down the one he on and the gas well(gotta figure who the real owner is), then problem will be solved.....and I know there is another , much larger buck back there...seen the prints but not him, talked to neighbor and he saw a 14pt with drop tines....something to really be on the look for now...

anyways...White-out Conditions here right now...think I am gonna head out to the stand....

Have fun everybody....

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
If you have no other place to hunt I'd hunt it. Sorta looks like the slob is trying to run you off. But on the other hand he may not know any better. Either way he's messing the hunting up for himself to. Season's too short for that.

Flatlander

Darby Creek
It's unfortunate but if a hunter has permission to hunt a property there is not much you can do to tell him where he can and can't put his stand.

I feel your pain, I had a scum bag that would get in his tractor and do circles at the property line every time he saw me walk to my stand. I got tired of it and met him at the fence line and damn near came to a fist fight. I just decided to keep hunting as much as I possibly could until he got tired of driving the tractor. Lol, his fuel cost were really adding up so he finally gave up on harassing me.

Hunting lands are at a premium now days. Everybody is trying to find a place to hunt. Sometimes hunters hunting the same area, but adjoining properties, are best to team up for the betterment of both parties. Waring against one another will just make for miserable results for both of you. Maybe he doesn't realize that he is messing things up. I'd talk to the guy and see what you can do as a team.