Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Not good.....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My buddy just stopped by too pick up his crossbow that he lent me too use this week.... The farm he hunts is his FIL's and the neighbor has a lock on stand that he hunts out of.... Seems it's almost 30' up the tree according too Shawn and he fell out of it this morning.....

The EMS had too use Shawn's FIL's property too access him..... Life flight from there.... No word on the condition.... This was in he Minerva area....

Safety harness are so cheap these days.... I know hey can fail and we've seen Dales video but I believe he wasn't wearing one according too Shawn....

teej89

NE PA
Oh man hope everything is okay. It's crazy how much money people will spend to have the best gear possible then skimp out on what matters the most. The harness.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It was agreed upon by the TMA years ago they would all sell stands which came with a harness. I do not believe there is a company out there today which does not offer a harness with each new stand sold. If there is, then the company could not be a member of the Treestand Manufacturers Association. Crazy to believe there are those who do not where them. Hope the guy is okay.

Griz

NH
My son had to fall before he would wear one. He was lucky. I hope this guy is lucky. Its his family that pays the price, so everyone that don't wear one should think about there family. What would they do without you?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Sucks to hear news like this. Happens every year though. Hope he is doing ok but when life flight is involved it isn't good. Broken back or neck can cause all kinds of issues and leave you/your family in a bad spot real quick.

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
SO senseless and unnecessary! But we have all done dumb this. Prayers up for his welfare!