Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Michigan UP wolf hunt

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
My buddy Mark, some of you met him at Woodbury, is way up in the UP deer hunting. As some of you know, they are allowing some wolves to be harvested up there. A guy in the camp next door shot one and it was the 8th one taken so far. Mark sent me some pics that he took.

wolf.jpgwolf2.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Nice... Is he getting a full mount or the hide tanned ???? Either way that's pretty cool colorization.....

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Awesome! They should kill every one of them! There is a reason wolves were nearly wiped out. Our great-grandfathers were a lot smarter than we are in a lot of ways.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
It's not a matter of being a sissy. They are the apex predator. I had a guy in Idaho order smokers last year. He USED to run an outfitting business for elk, deer and bear. Now, he only hunts wolves. They have too few deer, elk and bear now due to the introduction of the wolves, they have killed off most of the game in his area. He said they kill bears in their dens...that is just mean. :)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Outstanding. I respect the wolf for the mighty predator it is. Beautiful animals. I just don't feel they should be allowed to destroy all the other natural resources God gave us to enjoy and feast on. Man is the ultimate predator. Hopefully the legislators see what a terrible issue these wolves have become and allow man (or woman) to balance things out again.