Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTB Wanted: Bakler Climber Treestands

Buckmaster

Portage
Check your sheds to see if you have any old Baker Climber stands.
I'm looking for 5-8 of them.
Cheap, donation, and Hillbilly Express-able.
I won't be hanging them until Spring.

Griz

NH
Can you post a picture of one? I have an old climber from the 70's. Dont know if its a Baker or not.

Big H

Medina
Can you post a picture of one? I have an old climber from the 70's. Dont know if its a Baker or not.

It probably is... does it have a plywood platform and wingnuts with bolts that attach to V's that go around the tree?

teej89

NE PA
Check your sheds to see if you have any old Baker Climber stands.
I'm looking for 5-8 of them.
Cheap, donation, and Hillbilly Express-able.
I won't be hanging them until Spring.

never heard of these then I googled it and read some pretty funny stories about them.

Learned all about the baker slide lol

Griz

NH
It probably is... does it have a plywood platform and wingnuts with bolts that attach to V's that go around the tree?
Yes it does, I glued carpet to the plywood to make it quiet. I had my first bow kill out of that stand. Its been alot of places. You had to bear hug the tree to climb and descend. Man was I skinny then. I sure couldn't do that now. Last funny thought, How many times did I drop one of those wing nuts in the dark and then try to find it in the leafs. Man we have come along ways! What do you want to do with them ??

I used to have one

Hard on trees and my arms

I skined a Beach tree of all the bark on the back side with it
The V sliced the bark off as I slowly sank down the tree

I sold mine and was glad to move to a better style stand

John

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
There is a a half of an old stand in a tree on one of the properties i hunt. Sounds like what you are describing. been there for a while from the looks of it.