Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Meet Redemption

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Redemption

A great friend of Ron and I, Stacey shot a great buck yesterday at 12:25 pm. He had this buck at 18 yards last week and nearly put him on the ground then but a 3" tree found his broadhead that morning(8:00) instead of this bucks vitals. Sometimes success is defined by a mere inch or two but thankfully this slob didn't suspect anything at the miss and walked away. Stacey had a TC at this same spot in which this encounter occurred and caught him coming back through about 12 hours later around 8:30 that evening. If this doesn't pump a deflated hunters hope back nothing will! Stacey actually called me from his treestand the day after while waiting for his nemesis to return. All he wanted was a chance of redemption at a buck he named Redemption!
Yesterday after hunting 4 different tree stands before noon he was once again given his chance. He was getting aggressive and moving around due to lack of movement and wind shifts and decided he needs to set up across the road hoping that is where Redemption had moved to. This decision proved to be golden and he caught him on his feet just cruising through. Stacey's next shot hit pay dirt and put a stud of a buck on the ground for good.
A huge congratulations to Stacey on staying resilient and patient throughout his quest in bringing down this special 5x7 typical buck!

Redemption

As he laid pic

Stacey admiring this great buck

Neat pic

Stacey and his son Adam making the long drag

I'm hoping Stacey chimes in to add to his story or make corrections if I mistyped anything.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Awesome deer! Stacey is a hell of a good guy and a great bow hunter. Those boys can shoot the lights out TOO! Congrats on a great deer Stacey and I hope the rack will be on display at deer camp in a couple weeks!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Awesome deer! Stacey is a hell of a good guy and a great bow hunter. Those boys can shoot the lights out TOO! Congrats on a great deer Stacey and I hope the rack will be on display at deer camp in a couple weeks!

Oh I'm sure it will be there Jesse! It better be!!! I want to get my hands on that thing and check it out too! Lol