Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2013 Ten Point

Cassley

Well I finally was able to get one of the hit list bucks. I shot this mature 10 point tonight. He will not be a big score but he is 4.5 maybe 5.5 years old. This buck pretty much kept the same frame the last two years. Not all bucks have that "it" factor so we decided if given the chance we would harvest him. We manage this place pretty tight. Even though we have some gross booner's we still like to shoot mature deer when given the chance and he is that. He was freaking huge and big job for one guy. I am worn down with that drag.

I was on vacation 11-8 thru 11-17 and only seen two shooters and never even had a deer in shooting range. Tonight I had chance to sneak out and get quick hunt in. Deer were moving early but just does then guy shows up at 430 by his self no does around. I gave few soft grunts and he committed. He got to 43 yards and just held up so I put the 40 pin on and as you can see perfect. Took the pump station out and down in 30 yards. Pretty excited to wrap the tag around him. He is tagged but my tag ripped so my wife was taping it for me as my son snapped some pictures. One side note I use express maxima hunter 250 with 100 grain 2 blade. I shot him in oat field and my arrow broke when it hit shoulder. I got about 10 inches penetration but thought that was strange that it snapped off. Hope pics uploaded correctly

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congrats on your deer! Don't see a pic. Did you weigh your deer?

If you get time checkout the welcome thread and tell us a little bit about yourself. Welcome to TOO and thanks for sharing your story!

Cassley

082.jpg087.jpg083.jpg

Not the best pictures since my 9 year old was snapping but here he is. Not the scoring machine like I said but mature.

Cassley

How was the blood trail with that shoulder hit?

The blood trail pretty good. When I shot I heard the whack but I must of blinked because I did not see him mule kick. He went 10 yards and crashed and rolled down a steep ravine into dry creek bed. Where he stood when I shot there was blood instantly but not gushing. I could see small blood spot on him when he took off. Like I said though the arrow broke in half before he left the field. Not sure if the shoulder caused that or what but I have never had that happen before. He field dressed at 198 pounds

teej89

NE PA
I feel killing a mature buck is the challenge, his antlers dont contribute to his brains. A huge rack is just an added bonus to the harvest.

Congrats on the buck! In't funny kids taking pictures. Either a finger is in the lens, youre off center or your head is cut out lol

bds9

Mason
Congrats!! Are you sure that isn't a road kill? I can clearly see tire tracks in the grass right behind you!! hahahaha