Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mr. Banana Tines

themedic

OHIO
So about a week ago I had a buck cross the road in front of me on the way to my hunting spot. I knew he was big but hesitated to give all my buddies a number. It's hard to judge a truly giant whitetail at ground level IMO, they always look big! Luckily he was in an area I knew some people. I gained permission and put a camera on some scrapes on the next ridge for a week. The big guy never showed on the scrapes so I simply moved the camera to the trail where I watched him cross the road. In only a few days BAMMM! Meet Mr. Banana Tines and my quest for the next 12 days of vacation. I think I know what he is doing simply because he used that trail twice and the area is a great bedding area and some nice rubs.

With that said, for those of you who do not know: I'm hunting on borrowed time. Little Cooper is due Nov. 29th

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Holy cow! I couldn't imagine the feeling of seeing that buck coming through the woods while on stand. Hopefully you get a crack at him before the baby comes! Good luck!

CritterGitterToo

Central Ohio
Hey congratulations Corey. That's awesome news. My boy just turned 4 months old yesterday so getting stand time has been a bit tricky. Enjoy the ride buddy. It's incredible being a father!

Oh, nice buck too. Good luck!

Droptine

Medina, OH
Awesome buck. Better get on him ASAP you might run out of time earlier than you anticipate. My wife was also due nov-29 but my little girl came early on Nov -5th. Good luck with the buck and having a healthy baby.