Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Good Luck this week!!!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Just wanted to wish everybody good luck for the Ohio shotgun season coming up. I hope to check in and see plenty of pictures this week.

This will be the 3rd year in a row that work obligations will keep me out of the the woods & away from deer camp for the opener. The time away from deer camp is what I miss the most. I've been fortunate to hunt with a good group of guys since the late 90's. While the group as a whole does a good job at consistently having deer hanging from the meat pole, it's the camp time during gun season that is always missed more so than hitting the woods with the orange army (although that's fun too).

Anyway, good luck out there guys. Hunt hard, shoot straight, and be safe!!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Just wanted to wish everybody good luck for the Ohio shotgun season coming up. I hope to check in and see plenty of pictures this week.

While the group as a whole does a good job at consistently having deer hanging from the meat pole, it's the camp time during gun season that is always missed more so than hitting the woods with the orange army (although that's fun too).

Anyway, good luck out there guys. Hunt hard, shoot straight, and be safe!!

AMEN.... Deer camp is a fun part of it and you find you miss it more then the deer hunting... Good luck to you also if you make it out...

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Thanks Curran. I hope you can find a couple days to get out and enjoy some of the chaos with the rest of us lol.

I just found out lastnight that the guy I have written permission for also owns property in Morrow county so I still get gun season to use my $15 doe tag :D. I also know that I haven't seen anybody else hunting this area so the deer are still hitting the fields and leaving the safety of the thick woods :smiley_clap:.

Good luck Curran and the rest of my TOO family.

rrr

Blast one tomorrow for be Redcloud, please? Pretty please lay a Morrow County momma low for me :D

Uglykat- I expect nothing other than a skull shot from you tomorrow.

Like Curran, this will be my third year in a row missing opening morning. Damn it it sucks already :(

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
It's hard for me to admit this, but I will be in the woods by 7 with my back against a tree looking for the big boy to come slipping through. I think it's been 5 years now since I have done any serious gun hunting. Usually by this time of year, I have a couple deer in the freezer and don't really need to be in the woods, so I take gun week off. With the way my season has been this year, I'm really feeling the pressure to be in the woods this week. I have an antlerless tag that I need to fill, and I'm hoping the big guy will slip up and present me with a shot. I am gonna hunt for 4 hours or so this morning before heading home for bed before working this evening. I'll have Tues-Thurs to hunt before I'm back to work for the weekend.

Good luck to all you guys heading out this week. I wish you all the best of luck, and ask that you please be safe out there. There's gonna be a lot of people out there this week that have no business handling a gun.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Blast one tomorrow for be Redcloud, please? Pretty please lay a Morrow County momma low for me :D

Uglykat- I expect nothing other than a skull shot from you tomorrow.

Like Curran, this will be my third year in a row missing opening morning. Damn it it sucks already :(

Would have loved to do that Cap't but the 5yr. old didn't read the script lol. He woke up at 6am and started puking :(. I can't get out this evening now either since he is sick and my youngest daughter has her first regular season BB game tonight. I guess I will be hunting the rain tomorrow instead :smiley_cowboy: