Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My Ohio Trip 2013

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
My buddy Pete and I just returned from our annual pilgrimage to your great state to hunt public land in Muskingum county. It was our third year so I feel I can call it an annual trip now. Neither one of us filled a tag this year but it was still a blast. We were in Ohio 11/4 - 11/14. Our first trip in 2011 I filled an antlerless tag with a BB and Pete got skunked. Last year Pete was the man, killing a doe and a nice 120-125 10 point. I got skunked. This year we both had a decent amount of sightings but were just never able to put it all together. One positive this year was being able to find the does. Our doe sightings outnumbered our buck sightings. We feel that in a normal year that would have led to us seeing some chasing and possibly some run-ins with a few big boys. Are we right to assume this? Also we are considering coming out a week later next year. Arrive around 11/10 and hunt through 11/20. We just don't want to miss the rut again. I think I'd rather be a little late than early. Any thoughts or advice?

teej89

NE PA
Can't really say this years rut is gonna reflect what next years is like. We had more of a trickle rut this year compared to most years. I'd look at alsheimers prediction for next year he's typically pretty good at estimating when the rut is gonna be.