Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First Coyote Kill for my .25-06

I love it when a plan comes together. :smiley_bril: Since the wind was fairly strong and steady, out of the south, I figured I'd come in towards the woods from the north. I sat on the ground at the outside corner of the woods, in the weeds. My FoxPro Wildfire and MOJO Critter were sitting 30 yards north of the woods, west of my location.

I turned on the FoxPro to rabbit distress, at 5:25 and at 5:26 a huge coyote bounced out of the woods. It stopped half way between the edge of the woods and the MOJO Critter, (left to right) and stood broadside, staring at the decoy.

I settled the crosshairs on its' shoulder and squeezed the trigger. The muzzle flash and recoil surprised me, as I watched the coyote get "bang/flopped" on the ground. I had a huge grin on my face that couldn't be wiped off for an hour. I had finally obtained some satisfaction in a kill that was long in the making. Yes, I'll be going back out for more! :smiley_asswhip: It turned out to be a 45 lb. female.

This was the first time out for the FoxPro and MOJO Critter and their performance was spectacular. It was also, my first coyote kill with my .25-06 and it too performed in excellent fashion.

Bowhunter57

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Nice work. Plan on starting as soon as waterfowl is over and I have some deer meat in the freezer. Daytime or night kill?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good job. The pelts are bringing fair prices, but the 25-06 isn't fur friendly.

hahahaha! I don't think he is worried about the fur though HT. Good point, but I know Dan pretty well. I know the last thing he is worried about is the hole in the fur. I have heard him say "Carve a canoe in them" quite a few times.