Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My second deer

Scarlet&Gray

S.E. Ohio
My second deer ever and its a buck. Feelin blessed! Got a decent story for it when I can get home

Scarlet&Gray

S.E. Ohio
So the story is that I wasn't even in the stand when I got the shot. I spooked a doe walking in but when I got near my stand I saw him walking around. He didn't seem to hear me and I dropped my pack immediately. After he disappeared I got a little disappointed and walked a little further towards my stand. He reappeared and walked directly towards me stopping were I just was standing. He saw me crouching and took a hestitant step to the side. After a couple more steps I slowly drew back and let fly. Man I thought I missed until I heard him kicking a ways away.

I've had the most exciting week. I've been sitting in the stand all day long forgoing lunch and seen more action then probably all last year. Thanking the lord for this one

PS - yeah it was in Crawford Co

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Scarlet&Gray;293484 said:
So the story is that I wasn't even in the stand when I got the shot. I spooked a doe walking in but when I got near my stand I saw him walking around. He didn't seem to hear me and I dropped my pack immediately. After he disappeared I got a little disappointed and walked a little further towards my stand. He reappeared and walked directly towards me stopping were I just was standing. He saw me crouching and took a hestitant step to the side. After a couple more steps I slowly drew back and let fly. Man I thought I missed until I heard him kicking a ways away.

I've had the most exciting week. I've been sitting in the stand all day long forgoing lunch and seen more action then probably all last year. Thanking the lord for this one

PS - yeah it was in Crawford Co

Congrats!