Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Where the does?

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
So far I've passed 5 bucks and have see nine doe with a yearling. My friends are also saying that they aren't seeing the dies either. I know the early ML season thinned the herd a but not that much.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
They're hiding from bucks . Plus there are fewer does than when you last hunted Ohio . The doe to buck ratios are Prolly2:1 round here .

Strizzi

I hunt a 70 acre plot in medina county and all I have are does, we had one trail cam picture that had 7 does and all their kids. We didn't see a single buck until about mid October. All were fairly small bucks, one good sized and one monster. So I got does like crazy up here.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I just checked some cams after last posting about this. I didn't wanna think I was fibbing. I'm getting does & a few dinky bucks, even this morn when I should have been in my pop up. No Mr Freaky or anything bigger showing up.

Droptine

Medina, OH
I have 3 does and a yearling only coming out in the middle of the night. Only daytime pics are of bucks. I thought something weird was going on at the property I hunt, but it sounds like others have the same issues. I hunt in medina.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Something has to change.

Good luck with that.

the DNR is counting on uneducated hunters who don't bother to notice the does are disappearing. decimating the does is the herd reduction plan, it's working well, and they have no intention of stopping any time soon. the insurance companies and farm bureau wont let them.

We've been seeing the same thing here. i passed a doe on opening morning only to have another hunter kill her a couple weeks ago.