Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

So FREAKIN close it makes me SICK!!!!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Tonight I was covered up. My buddy let me hunt his property since he knew I've been struggling. Well, I looked at Google earth compared to where he's been hunting and found a spot that looked good in my eyes. So I did a hang and hunt the night before the hunt. Sat all morning til 11 and saw 2 does and a small buck. Tonight on the other hand I had my target I was sent in after at 100 yards at 430pm. A clean 10 with a drop tine. I couldn't get him to commit any closer than 80 yards before he worked his way into some standing corn. When I looked over my shoulder there was another shooter 80 yards away on a water hole. I grunted twice, he snapped his head up and came on a rope!!! He hit my 50 yards clearing and starting putting tension on the bow but knew he'd work closer. He hit the main trail coming right to me for a 20 yard shot and stopped shy at 32 yards behind a massive amount of limbs!!! SHIT!!! I had one small window to shoot thru but didn't like angle so I passed. This was a solid 150" 8 point with 9" brows that my buddy has never seen. Makes me sick to not get a shooter on cam all year and then see two in one night and not get the shot off. TOO top it off at lunch I saw a 150" 9pt and 130ish 11pt two properties over 25 yards off the road locked on a doe!!!! Looks like I'm taking leave from work again and diving back in......

Here's Droppy:

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Debatable as to whether it was better to have not even seen them! Good luck Zach!

Yeah, sometimes it's like in a baseball or football game. Would you rather lose by a large margin and know you never had a chance or lose by a run in the bottom of the 9th or a field goal in OT?

In regard to deer, at least it reassures you are in the right spot. Or at least close to the right spot.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Saw the droptine deer the next morning with a doe but he wasn't dogging her, just walking with her. None of the shooters on this farm have been with a doe. Only one small 8 was working a doe just after shooting light. Sat where they were coming out last night with the decoy out and never saw a single deer! Had I had the decoy out on the Big 8, I'd be tagged out. Just keep after them I guess..... Cant hunt for about a week so that'll give the farm time to chill out. Drove by on my way home and they were cutting a 200 acre corn field!!! This outta push the deer back into the timber. Fingers crossed