Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

SOAP: Hunters soap vs the NEW ALL FREE

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I some what agree but I worry about brighteners. Not sure if it's uv or not but we use the unscented on out clothes now

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
I think that UV brighteners is all BS... I've tried hunting soaps on brand new cloths in front of my IR cameras and regular clothes washed in Tide numerous times and it doesn't look any different.. Deer see in black in white. So Im more focused on the smell or the lack there of.

I think that UV brighteners is all BS... I've tried hunting soaps on brand new cloths in front of my IR cameras and regular clothes washed in Tide numerous times and it doesn't look any different.. Deer see in black in white. So Im more focused on the smell or the lack there of.

Deer are essentially red-green color blind like some humans. Their color vision is limited to the short (blue) and middle (green) wavelength colors. As a result, deer likely can distinguish blue from red, but not green from red, or orange from red.

As far as UV I am not sure if IR is a suitable test for UV on clothing.But it may be?Black lights an the such seem to be more the norm for UV detection on clothing.Detergents without UV brighteners do not kill the UV on clothing they simply dont brighten it,so if the UV is present its still going to show up.Many garments from a lot of camo companies come factory with UV.And come companies go the extra mile to sell garments that are tested at the factory an if they dont pass the UV test then they are sold at discount.Usually to paintball folks or something like that

If you want to get rid of you UV you need something to kill UV as a treatment and then you need to wash the clothes in a detergent that will maintain this treatment...Some of the no UV brighteners soaps may work for the latter

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Been using All Free&Clear forever. My wife gets itchy with other soaps, so it's a great fit.
No smell.

Brighteners? Was your stuff a few times and do a good job of brushing yourself in and you don't gotta worry about UV pop.
Besides, it's movement that they see...it's movement that busts you.
I've had lots of deer close, on the ground. That's my theory.
Agree with BM