Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wrong number calls

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I don't know what the deal is but the last few days I have had more people call my cell phone calling the wrong number then I have ever had in the past 2 years. I also have to say they are the dumbest people ever and here is why I say that.

They call and it's a number I don't know or have stored in my contact list so I don't answer it. They leave a message and I think that is that and they won't call back. Sure enough about 10min later they call back. I answer the phone this time saying my name as I answer. They say one of 2 things. 1) Sorry, I have the wrong number or 2) is so and so there?

After explaining to them no so and so is not here you have the wrong number they appologise and hang up. 10min later they fuggin call back expecting to somehow get the person they was trying to get ahold of. There is one woman that has called my phone 4-5 times now and I keep telling her she has the wrong number but I guess she is not smart enough to try a different number or her Obama phone is just that stupid.

Anybody else run into this or is it just me lol.

I'm telling you the next one I get I am going to have a little fun and do the murder scene call from Bob and Tom lol.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Not that situation, per se, but my bride had our calls fwd to my cell when we disconnected our landline a while back. I don't know anyone that calls that number... So now I still get telemarketers calling my cell. I gotta answer them all as I don't know a lot of the numbers to the incoming calls I get.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
It is driving me insane Brock. I have not changed my cell number or changed to call ahead or anything different in 2 years. In the last 3 days I have had a guy call about some property he wants me to look at(of course I have no idea who is and my name is not who he thinks he is calling)
Some woman call looking for mimi even after I told her she had the wrong number and she continues to call back. Had some woman think it was a fast food place or something wanted more hot sauce lmao.

Just plain crazy and people have no clue how to lookup a number anymore and just keep hitting redial expecting their smartphone to fix the problem and call the right number the 2nd time or something. lmao

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I only turn my cell phone on when and if I need it and only family members have my number. (I don't even know it)

I used to answer it at first, but kept getting call after call for "Mary". As I explained to one man that I had just got the number, he told me that I should expect a lot of calls. He said, "How do I put this...Mary was very popular".

One lady called insisting that she speak to Mary. I told her I didn't have a clue as to who Mary was and she went nuts, yelling that she had important information about Mary's sister and I had to let her speak to Mary.

I don't even check any messages. It's just an emergency phone for me.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
I have a lady from so and so beauty shop that calls me every Saturday to remind Missy that her hair appointment is Sunday at 12:30, at first I just ignored it and erased the message but after about 4 weeks I called them back and informed them that I was not Missy and even though I'm sure that a trip to the beauty shop would do wonders for me that I had no intentions in going there. Do you think it worked? Fugg no!! The next Saturday I get the same call for Missy, I think this Saturday I will go your route Adam and have some fun with this call!!!