Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Do you think this is a rub?

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Saw this from the stand today. It is about 40 yds from my set. When I got down and checked it out I wasn't to sure about it. The leaves weren't really disturbed around the base of the tree, but there was fresh bark on the leaves.

View attachment 17727
View attachment 17728
Here is the side of the tree.
uploadfromtaptalk1384193710769.jpg

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well I was thinking that maybe someone tried to sneak in and use their climber. But they could only get about 3' above the top of the picture. Just doesn't make much sense to me. Hard for me to believe it's a rub honestly, but at the same time just can't figure out what would make marks like that.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We ran across a post like this a few years back and it wasn't deer it was something else just can't remember what it was now....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Elk. Elk will rub this high. Kinda doubt it is elk in your area, but you never know I guess. I was going to guess climber as well.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Well here is what really got me, is there is bark knocked off a good 8-9' high.

View attachment 17731

If there is not a near by tree laying on the ground that may have rubbed it before falling I would have to go along with the "man made" theory mentioned above.
Either way... man you got something violating your trees! :confused:

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I have an Oak that has a "path" like that going up the side. I found coon hair on mine though. And you can see coon poo on the first branch as well.