Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Great November

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
As expected November has brought happiness to a lot of hunters around here. As I was driving home today it hit me that this month has already been one to remember. It started out slow, but it all started with one of my buddies, Taylor shooting a good buck Friday evening. Then Saturday mornjng I was lucky enough to shoot one. Where it gets good is after I shoot my buck. After the passing if my dads mom 2 years ago in October. My dad has seen no stand time. He never got huge huge into hunting but up until she passed he always got out and hunted with me and my brothers. Well after I shot my buck Saturday, I could tell he was excited and could feel the rush again. And I could tell he wanted to get back out. So before we walked in the woods to drag my buck and gut him, dad asked if I had any scent killer. I said heck I don't care how ya smell I don't plan on hunting this stand again. And he said, well I do. I knew it was on. He shot his bow today and told me he's ready to head out Tommorow morning. So I got the day off and him and I are gonna hit the woods again just like the good ol times. I'm gonna either sit in a tree beside him, or on the ground and do some calling up on a ridge where I know some biggins cruise. I'm honestly more excited to hunt with him tommorow than I have been all year. I can't think of a better way to spend a day. I'm really blessed with what I've been given thus far in my life. Just figured id share this with everyone. And remember that there's more to it than just hunting. It's about the memories.

Carry on.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Congrats on the upcoming hunt with your dad and I hope he can connect with a good one you call in for him Jake..... Enjoy the time with him....

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good stuff, Jake! I hope you and your dad see some deer, but know it doesn't really matter either way. Have a good time.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great stuff Jake! You lit that fire in your dad that he passed to you as a child! Dang good stuff buddy! Hope you two all the best tomorrow and any other time you two get out together! Good luck and have fun!