Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

100% so far!

themedic

OHIO
In 2011 my wife and I bought a 138 acre farm near Bremen, Ohio. The gently rolling, wooded hills and agricultural fields of this region are host to an abundant wildlife population of deer and turkeys. With this purchase, It was my dream to start a small, family ran guide service were my wife and I would host hunters from across the nation and help them experience the hunt of a lifetime. Not only is it my goal for each hunter to leave camp with a great buck but also experience country living, mid-west hospitality and make memories that last forever! Thus Booner's Acres was born!

With that said, I do not pretend (or ever intend) to be a Hadley Creek. Booner’s Acres is a very small operation, running on very limited acreage. My goal is to only take 4-6 hunters per Ohio’s long running deer season. This amount of hunters keeps the guide service very personal (2:1 guide to hunter ratio), helps keep the hunting pressure low (rotating hunters through multiple farms) and supply me with enough income to up-keep the farms with high quality food plots and all the comforts of a large guide service.

On October 28th I welcomed the first guest of 2013. Hunter, Steven was from the great state of Vermont. He informed me that the hunting in Vermont is very hard with only a few deer seen each season. Steven hunted hard all week and on day 3 of his hunt (Nov 1st) arrowed this nice buck.

Stevens 9 point is his best buck to date and needless to say he was very happy! This buck also marks the very first harvest in Booner’s Acres history.

Two days later, on Nov. 3rd, Kevin from Lima, Ohio rattled in and arrowed another great buck. This was also Kevin’s best bow kill to date and he was also very happy! Kevin shot this great buck only minutes after seeing a monster buck he said “looked like a moose walking through the woods”.

I'm currently hosting the second group of archery hunters (Dave and Brian from Midland, Michigan) and I'll keep y'all posted on their hunt

teej89

NE PA
Good stuff! I'd love to be able to buy property like that and live on it also. Keep the pics coming as they keep knocking em down.

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
Nice! I have family from midland. My cousins husband just left Dow for a job in Pa and arrowed his best buck yesterday, a nice 120s 8. They can grow good deer up there but the ones I know don't let anything walk... You'll have to ask them if they know the Leto's or Bailey's.

themedic

OHIO
Congrats
but doesn't it take an awful lot of time away from your hunting?

Yeah but being a firefighter and using basically all my vacation in November....I have plenty of it. But with that said, now that I'm done guiding for the year....I'm happy that I have my farms all to myself now. Time to get after my number 1 target buck that has been off limits thus far!!!!