Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tomorrow - WIND... What to do?

teej89

NE PA
So the land I hunt is 90 minutes away and tomorrow starts my vacation thru the 18th. They're calling for 22MPH winds and I'm debating if I should even fret about trying to get there at first light tomorrow. I'm thinking bout getting there saturday round 8-9 and checking my cams and hanging a stand for my dad then hunting the rest of the day all day.

Thoughts?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'll be sitting on a N facing slope overlooking a shelf until I either get tired of the wind or deer stop moving. I hate hunting in the wind and doubt I will hunt the afternoon.

teej89

NE PA
I guess it's a toss up between getting a hotel tonight and scrambling when I get home from work to get over there or just crashing at my place.

I think I'm gonna go tonight, can't kill em from the couch right?

Lundy

Deer live outside in the elements every day, they don't have a choice. They move and feed everyday single day of their lives. Being that it is November makes it even that much better

rooster85

Lake County
You gonna be out in Indiana tomorrow?

Yeah man, windy as all get out but I've seen a few nice bucks today. Had a big 8 nose the ground this morning. Grunted to get him to stop but he didn't care, more important things o take care. Haven't seen him since. Maybe in the morning. How did you fair today? You make it out?