Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Switching from RH to OH shooting

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I am giving serious consideration to trying to switch . I've always fought eye dominance issues being a righty with left eye dominance Add a astigmatism in my right eye and well, I can't help but seriously consider trying to shoot lefty . Has anyone ever switched ? Also , does anyone have a decent lefty bow they'd sell or loan me...Preferably a 50-60 lb bow ?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I am giving serious consideration to trying to switch . I've always fought eye dominance issues being a righty with left eye dominance Add a astigmatism in my right eye and well, I can't help but seriously consider trying to shoot lefty . Has anyone ever switched ? Also , does anyone have a decent lefty bow they'd sell or loan me...Preferably a 50-60 lb bow ?

I can shoot with either. I have the same issue as you except I am ambidextrous. I sit to eat and can't decide which hand to put a fork in. About the only thing I feel uncoordinated doing is kicking with my left foot.

I am considering making the switch also. I have trained myself to switch dominance with a little concentration and blinking or barely squinting with my left eye. Still not near as efficient as just doing it lefty.

Derek j

Knox Co.
I can shoot left or right, and shoot equal both sides. It just feels more natural doing it left. If your interested, I have a 2006 Hoyt Vectrix LH 60-70 lb draw. You can try it anf buy if you like. Will need new strings at some point. They are original strings, but are in good shape still. Let me know If you want to test run it!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang Jake I didn't know you had eye dominance issues. No wonder you're such a bad shot! lmao