Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Deed Is Done...2013 Buck

MandRroofing

In the woods
Well its been a tough year for me.The first downer was back in late September for our annual Elk hunt in co.We drove 1500 miles one way only to get a call 2 days later that my wife's mom was dieing,So i leave my buddy's and fly home.Second was just a few days ago when i stuck a nice 12 point square in the shoulder!8 inches broke off my arrow and lots of blood for 80 yards when it just stops,did a grid search for the next 2 days and and just cound not recover him.saying i was at a low was an understatement. I was kinds depressed that only a hunter could understand. I decided that was was just going to presist and get back in stand and move on and keep going.Well day brakes this morning and i nothing was moving,i didn't feel i was going to see a single deer.I was over looking a meadow of tall grasses mixed with a few young trees ( i think it was an old farming field at one time).I texed my brother (witch was hunting also) and told him i was gonna pack it up soon and take down my lone wolf and stick so i could move it to a new location.just after the text i hear some noise to my right and see a decent buck about 200 yards away trotting thought the meadow and then i see a doe and said,SWEET some action!Then i see this bigger buck also chasing her,At that point they were headed the other way and i was just happy to watch when all of a sudden the doe turned came my way.The doe and smaller buck the one trail and this guy took the trail right past my stand.He stopped broadside @ 12 yards and i settled my pin and let her fly.I hit my mark!No shoulder shot this time!Yes i said!I got down and called my brothers and the drove down,I started to get nerves because of my last shout in the shoulder.Lots of blood.My brothers arrived and i told them to hang tight i was not far from them and i didn't want them coming in and spooking the deer if he was still alive.I was following the blood for further then i though it should be,so at that point you can imagine how nerves i was!i got a call from my brother and me told be to work my way back to the truck,i knew something was up and when i got there ,There he was Dead 50 yards from the road and my truck and was laying on the trail i had walked in on!WOW i was pumped to say the least!!!

Attachments

• 2013-11-06 07.33.16.jpg
    2013-11-06 07.33.16.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 20131106_093605.jpg
    20131106_093605.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 74
Last edited: