Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Velvet Big Boy

TimBuckToo

So this year I made the choice of tagging my buck out on opening day. (Which was Awesome!) except now the rut has kicked in and I'm left feeling well I'm not quite sure how to put it...
Anyways I acquired a property and on the first day this big boy showed up. He then disappeared, only making an appearance about once a week or so.
Fast forward to November 1st, he's back and on the prowl during all hours of daylight and early morning/dusk.

Since I cannot take him, I made the decision to let a friend have the opportunity to take him.
My question is how old do you think this buck is, and what do you think about his score?

Boy, if only he was as big as he was in velvet!
(Trail cam dates are wrong. The velvet pic was Sept 27th and the others are on November 2nd & 3rd.)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 112

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
What did you tag out on BTW? Pics? Congrats! Very cool you're letting your buddy hunt this buck, awesome stuff!

TimBuckToo

Certainly do have pics! I'll post them in the appropriate spot on the forum when I get home. As far as the buck goes, my buddy will only be in town for two days. One of which will not be spent hunting. If he eludes him, he will have another year to grow. Gotta say, I would LOVE to see him on camera in the summer next year in velvet and even better come next Fall! Ill keep you guys posted.