Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Updates on hunting trip

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Well it's been a great trip so far with family and friends. Celebrated my grandpas 90th bday and really had a nice party for him. I got into stand Sunday evening. It's been really slow for any sign of the rut here. I have passed on a handful of small bucks and does. Yesterday I grunted in 3 small bucks but nothing to call home about.

Today I slept in a bit and just settled into a stand at 11am. I'll stay here till dark and enjoy a fat chew. Ill grunt about every hour or so to see if something don't come to it.

Ps. Neighbors cows got out and tore up done of my food plots. I might be eating tbones instead of backstraps.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I was not gunna kill a doe. There is a doe with two twin bbs. She's a bitch for two years she blows over nothing all the time. If I see her she is eating a broadhead. Even when the wind is in my face she blows. I have pics of her stomping and no ones around even. She's gotta die. I'm hoping she comes into this little plot on top if this oak ridge tnight. Or a big buck I'll take either.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Welcome home al. I take it the break ins have stopped? Hope you enjoy yourself.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Well milo. They have for now. I reinforced the barn like a mother fugger. All doors have several locks so if they kick in main door they still gotta have bolt cutters to get through second door. Then main sliding doors have locks and 3/8th chain holding them shut. We also put in gates with these massive locks. Can't cut them with cutters need a torch. So that has helped. In cabin we but double bolt locks on doors inside so if they break in they can't get into any rooms and alarms blaring. We are adding a speaker outside for alarm. That way if it goes off it'll be screaming loud for the neighbors to hear. Now this cattle thing is new challenge. They put a hole in the neighbors house. He's not to happy about that and insurance won't cover it. I don't want to be a bad neighbor but you can't let your cattle get out for 4 or 5 days!

Other than that farms in good shape. Already planning a few new additions on plots and maybe making an orchard outta one of the plots. I think it's too close to the road. I'll just plant clover and oats between trees every year. That's what I'm thinking.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Wow it's windy today. Not sure if ill even see a deer hanging in there tho!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Thanks guys! If any of y'all needed to learn how to pass deer just hunt with me. The ones you want to kill don't show up. I'm a pro at sitting and watching tho! Hahaha

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It only takes a few minutes for that to change Albert. Just keep your head on a swivel and be ready is all you can do! Hang in there! The bucks are primed and out seeking and chasing right now. Your shot opportunity might be just a small window to get it done so being ready is paramount! Good luck and enjoy the hunt for what it is.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Thanks buddy! Yea I'm enjoying myself big time! If it doesn't happen. I got late season too.

oharchhntr

Well it's been a great trip so far with family and friends. Celebrated my grandpas 90th bday and really had a nice party for him. I got into stand Sunday evening. It's been really slow for any sign of the rut here. I have passed on a handful of small bucks and does. Yesterday I grunted in 3 small bucks but nothing to call home about.

Today I slept in a bit and just settled into a stand at 11am. I'll stay here till dark and enjoy a fat chew. Ill grunt about every hour or so to see if something don't come to it.

Ps. Neighbors cows got out and tore up done of my food plots. I might be eating tbones instead of backstraps.

They must have wandered over to my property and took care of my foodplots when they were done with yours. 3 acres of brassica ate down to the dirt. This is the second time in the last couple of years this has happened. Its getting old and I may seek restitution. These cattle weren't in Noble cnty were they?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Drop one in its tracks then tell the owner come and get it.... Maybe he'll get the hint? If not coyote bait.... Win, win.....

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Oharchhntr i pmed you. This is in noble county tho!

Thanks everyone. I slept I today again it was raining I am heading in around 130 and sitting untill dark. Might shoot a doe I'm not sure.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Goo news. I'm in stand! A bit windy but much cooler than yesterday. Sheriff called about cattle so this should be getting taken care of for now.

Really debating on shooting a doe or not if given a chance. Hmmm what to do what to do??!!