Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Prime Bows

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Hey Beener, which model do you have?

I am seriously considering selling the XT and the Infinity in the spring to get a Prime Defy or possibly the Alloy. We have a Prime dealer local, but I have never been to their shop. Thought I might go shoot a few in the spring, then put my bows on AT (if Milo doesn't take the Strother back) and try to snag a 2013 Prime on AT.

Anyone else on here shoot a Prime?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Hey Beener, which model do you have?

I am seriously considering selling the XT and the Infinity in the spring to get a Prime Defy or possibly the Alloy. We have a Prime dealer local, but I have never been to their shop. Thought I might go shoot a few in the spring, then put my bows on AT (if Milo doesn't take the Strother back) and try to snag a 2013 Prime on AT.

Anyone else on here shoot a Prime?

I have the Impact. Great bow. It is actually kinda boring because it just runs. Best fit and finish I have seen of any bow. If I were in the market I would shoot the Primes, Hoyt Spyders/Faktors, and the Bowtech Experience. Or look into what is going to replace the Insanity. For a speed bow the Insanity is great. Now that the limb flaking is fixed the BT is about the perfect cam system/bow.

Also, if you like the looks of PSE they have a great line up. I just think they are ugly. Life is TOO short TOO shoot ugly bows. Lol

I am a fan of these cams in this order:

Over drive Binary (Bowtech)

Tie for second and REALLY close to first

Parallel Cams (Prime)
Hybrid (Hoyt, PSE, Bear) Hoyt does it best IMHO

The reason the Insanity intrigues me is that you can shoot one of those which has a good draw cycle that is REALLY adjustable at 60 pounds and still push the same arrow the speed that a 70 pound Faktor Turbo gets.

If I were a wealthy man I would order the Hoyt Carbon Turbo if BT didn't come out with a great replacement for the CPXL or Insanity. I like a longer bow. 33" ata is about my minimum.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Thanks man. The plan is to wipe my slate clean of prejudice and preformed opinion, then shoot just about every 2014 bow out there. As weird as it sounds, grip is super important to me and that is why I like the Prime. Next would have to be the draw cycle and back wall. From there, aesthetics come in to play. I have all the accessories, now I need to find the perfect bow for me...

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
My buddy shoots the Prime, he likes it. I shot it once, didn't like it. He doesn't have it adjusted far enough into a valley for my taste. The wall is solid though. Just think though, long term, replacing all those strings and cables every year or two… I'll stick with my Z28.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
My buddy shoots the Prime, he likes it. I shot it once, didn't like it. He doesn't have it adjusted far enough into a valley for my taste. The wall is solid though. Just think though, long term, replacing all those strings and cables every year or two… I'll stick with my Z28.

Replacing strings and cables? I have thousands of shots on mine and no issues. Plus, they give you free ones every two years...

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Save your $, and enjoy the challenge of mediocre equipment. Use the extra cash for a mortgage payment or something. They kill deer just the same :smiley_coolpeace:

Last edited:

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Thanks man. The plan is to wipe my slate clean of prejudice and preformed opinion, then shoot just about every 2014 bow out there. As weird as it sounds, grip is super important to me and that is why I like the Prime. Next would have to be the draw cycle and back wall. From there, aesthetics come in to play. I have all the accessories, now I need to find the perfect bow for me...

Jesse, release your inhibitions and dependence on mechanical devices. Join us and feel the true purity of archery...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383962422.749026.jpg

I liked cousins prime impact impact when I shot it during may. It is a beautifully put together bow.

I shot a bowtech carbon Knight Wednesday just for shits and giggles. It is the nicest shooting bowtech I have shot so far. The Experience is a very close second. The cool thing about the Experience and Carbon knight vs insanity is that you can over or under rotate the cams to further adjust the let off. Bowtech just dropped the price on the Carbon Knights to 599 dollars which is a steal for a very smooth and pretty fast bow.

The Hoyt spyders and faktor feel the same to me and I love them. Two very well balanced fast and smooth drawing bows. The only negative thing I can say about them is that the spyder is a little louder than the competition. As for hoyts carbon bows I wouldn't waste my time when you can have a carbon knight for almost half the price.

Id pick up a used spyder turbo, Experience, and prime off AT; or buy a new Carbon Knight.