Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer receiving arrow while rubbing a tree

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Diane-
You said you had never seen a buck rubbing a tree. I read it in Ric's video. The batteries were low and the video is horribly grainy, but I have one too. I filmed this with a Roscoby Riser cam mounted on my bow. Like I said, the video is terrible and after you hear the "twang" of the string you can't see the deer again, but it is pretty cool to see. Once he started rubbing the tree I took the chance to draw. I was trying to be very quiet and you can see the camera go every which way while drawing, but he was preoccupied with the tree and didn't notice me. lmao

[video=youtube_share;NY6ZrCpgNZc]http://youtu.be/NY6ZrCpgNZc[/video]

I am sure there have got to be some more of the members of TOO with videos of bucks rubbing trees they can share with you. Truthfully hadn't thought of this video for a long time. Glad you mentioned not seeing it. Jogged my brain to dig up an old memory for me. This was my first archery buck. He is watching over my shoulder as I type. Just wish the footage was better quality.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
That's cool! I'd like to see that in person myself. Actually, I'd like to see a buck in person.:smiley_crocodile:

Lundy

I like the footage where it shows how you draw your bow. Do you need some lighter poundage there boy?:):):):):)

Nice buck and video I wish it would have been better for you. A memory of a lifetime for sure

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I like the footage where it shows how you draw your bow. Do you need some lighter poundage there boy?:):):):):)

Nice buck and video I wish it would have been better for you. A memory of a lifetime for sure

Boy? Step up to the plate.

And, yes, the bow has since been reduced in poundage. What is fine in the summer months doesn't always work at the end of November in the cold. lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm too old to even find the plate much less step up to it:)

hahaha. Who am I kidding anyway? We would end up BSing about deer, maybe tip back a cold one, and forget what we were meeting up for anyhow. You are good Lundy. Just had to dish it back at ya.