Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Just sharing some neat stuff of late....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My neighbor had a decorative landscape tree(crabapple I think) ripped up last week and his deer target knocked over so he set up a trail camera over both to see what's doing it. Our lawns adjoin and this is within 70-80 yards from my yard. It turns out a couple nice bucks are the culprits.

Pretty neat videos,IMO.
http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/...CA9AE80-5219-00000972938134F3_zpsa054032c.mp4

The above 10 pt knocked down his target at around 11:30pm and this nice basket 8 shreds his tree again at around 4am. Notice the target laying down in the background.lol
http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/...1FD5C48-5219-00000972AD95718C_zps217dae18.mp4

The other neat thing has to do with the shed Ron found yesterday evening. The shed appears to have fallen this past spring or the previous spring no longer than that in our opinion.

Here's the neat thing though. After seeing the pics he sent me I thought it looked very similar to a shed he found a loooong time ago about 1.5 or further miles away. He said YKW, it does, I will go dig it up and check!

It is in fact off the same deer!!! Beyond all doubt it is!!! The shed on the right was picked up way back in 2007! We figured he was 3.5 years old back when he found it. The shed on the left(found yesterday)has all the same characteristics of the 07 shed but just heavier bases and the additional g4. Soooooo, providing this buck still being alive this year, he is one old warrior! Would be the oldest deer we have any history with EVER!
Ron will take a pic of the Peticles together sometime and I will post them later in this thread. This deer if still living could very well be 9.5-10.5 years old! That's AMAZING TOO us!

Just wanted to share with y'all!

Last edited:

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Very cool Ric!! That would be simply awesome to arrow a buck in that age range. Hope Ron gets a crack at him!!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks everybody, also in case you didn't catch the time in date in the videos, it was this past Friday night early Saturday morning. I helped my neighbor reset those because they were wrong. It's crucial for me to know what the exact times are, lol.
I thought it was neat watching the buck smell the tree checking to see if he left enough scent on it. The target video caught him just before he leveled it. It would have been cool to see him ram it and his reaction afterwards. Lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good stuff Ric. The shed is cool. Talk about an old warrior. He would certainly be a trophy in a harvest for reasons to do nothing with score.

Flatlander

Darby Creek
Great thread man and absolutely COOL stuff! I think maybe you need to hunt closer to home.......just think how much easier the drag will be. lol Thanks for sharing Ric.