Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Muddy Tree Stand Straps

jeremy44230

Medina County
So I got my Muddy climbing sticks, love em.

I also picked up the tree stand straps to carry my stand, sticks and backpack. When I opened the package, I thought they seemed cheap. Well they are! The first use I had about 35-45 pounds of gear.

Sticks = 10 lbs
Stand = 12 lbs
Pack = 15-20lbs (guesstimate)

Had about a 1/2 mile walk in and then out. The straps seemed to give out a bit, but nothing broke.

Fast forward to last night, third time using them. Shot my doe, waited till dark, packed up and went to get her. The woods were pitch black and super thick. Had to go through some nasty stuff and then all of a sudden, SNAP! The damn straps busted at the sew seam... Great timing! J then strapped my backpack on, carried my bow and flashlight in one hand and stand with sticks in the other.

Once I found her I had to struggle to get everything out... Had I known they would have been so cheaply made, never would have bought them. I'll be sending them back ASAP!

I've seen some guys here with the Game Plan Gear system. I'll be grabbing that most likely. Are those with this setup happy? How about some pros and cons? Or other suggestions.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
So I got my Muddy climbing sticks, love em.

I also picked up the tree stand straps to carry my stand, sticks and backpack. When I opened the package, I thought they seemed cheap. Well they are! The first use I had about 35-45 pounds of gear.

Sticks = 10 lbs
Stand = 12 lbs
Pack = 15-20lbs (guesstimate)

Had about a 1/2 mile walk in and then out. The straps seemed to give out a bit, but nothing broke.

Fast forward to last night, third time using them. Shot my doe, waited till dark, packed up and went to get her. The woods were pitch black and super thick. Had to go through some nasty stuff and then all of a sudden, SNAP! The damn straps busted at the sew seam... Great timing! J then strapped my backpack on, carried my bow and flashlight in one hand and stand with sticks in the other.

Once I found her I had to struggle to get everything out... Had I known they would have been so cheaply made, never would have bought them. I'll be sending them back ASAP!

I've seen some guys here with the Game Plan Gear system. I'll be grabbing that most likely. Are those with this setup happy? How about some pros and cons? Or other suggestions.

Game plan gear is nice I like mine . One complaint I have is with some of the buckles. They are easy to pull apart sometimes. You just have to release to tension on the strap

jeremy44230

Medina County
Well, the other day I emailed Muddy and informed them about the straps. I got an email yesterday stating they have never had this issue. I sent a pic as requested. I received a follow up email shortly after stating a new set would be sent. I received the tracking information tonight.

Very happy with this customer service. I will keep these straps unless further issues occur.

Huckleberry Finn

Well, the other day I emailed Muddy and informed them about the straps. I got an email yesterday stating they have never had this issue. I sent a pic as requested. I received a follow up email shortly after stating a new set would be sent. I received the tracking information tonight.

Very happy with this customer service. I will keep these straps unless further issues occur.

Once you finishing dealing with customer service, you ought to enter it into the product review section. It's good to keep track of stuff like that. http://www.theohiooutdoors.com/forumdisplay.php?72-TOO-Member-Product-Reviews

jeremy44230

Medina County
Bringing this back to the top....

Last season Muddy replaced my straps. Didn't use them after that until Saturday. The replacement started to rip. I emailed Muddy again about this.

I'll be adding this to the product review forum.

I'd suggest staying away from these straps.