Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tresspasser!!!!!

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
I wqs sitting in one of my ground blinds this morning which is only about 100 yards from a road across a deep hollow, I can see the road in spots throught the trees and noticed a truck stop and park along the road. I watch the guy get out, get his bow and walk down the hay field road into the woods, I texted the landowner who is a family member and let them know and decided to get out of the blind and do some investigating, as me a buddy are the only ones who have permission and I rode with him this morning so I know it wasn't him. Got all the info off the truck and texted it to the landowner, she came down and took some pics of the truck and plate # and left a nice note on the windshield, then went to the house and called the S.O. to report it, she texted me back alittle bit ago, said she knew who it was and the sheriffs dept. would be giving the guy a visit this afternoon, I told her I had no problem filling out a report about seeing him and hope she fries this guys ass!! I know him too and have had acouple run ins with him in the past as well as another member of TOO had a incident with him also!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Hate to hear this Tad. Some people have no respect at all! Fry Him!

We were in the blind and Braydon was lining up on a doe the same night he got one. Her head flew up, and off she went, I thought WTF? About then a man and his daughter came walking down the tractor path....... I "spun a bearing" right there. Long story short, another bowhunter heard me and he was like 150 yards away. Guy said he was just out for a walk as it looked like a nice path. I explained that he scared off Braydon's deer and then assured him one of us would get hurt if he ever came back. Luckily, 3 deer showed up an hour later and he got one.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good eyes Tad. You don't catch them and actually prosecute them and it makes it tough to keep them out. Prosecute one or two and the word gets out.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Great job Tad! Nail his asset to the wall. One thing I have always heard though. If you can get the sheriff there and just have the sheriff hold them till the WO can get there then they get hammered harder. I have always heard all the sheriff can do is charge him with trespassing and once the sheriff presses charges the WO can't touch them, but if the sheriff can hold them until the WO gets there then they can get charged by the WO and get charged for trespassing, hunting without permission so forth and so on. Basically the WO can inflict a lot more pain than the sheriff.