Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The great ones.

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Brock, I cant thank you enough for sharing this. I have heard of this man, but never knew his thoughts and ideas. We need a million more hunters with a voice like him out there. I will be ordering his books very soon. He shares most of my thoughts and feelings to a tee. I haven't got to listen to all of his responses yet, but I especially like his thoughts about the future of hunting. In a world full of Micheal Wadells and Bone Collector geeks, it is a breath of fresh air to listen to someone like this. I would love to meet this man.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Yeah, the two brothers, both were chiropractors I think. Ric and I watched most of the videos they made in the 80's. they lived and hunted in Montana for years, but both moved to Iowa, I believe. There's bigger and better in the land of milk and honey! Lol. Thanks for sharing, Brock. It brought back memories.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks for sharing Brock.Brought back alot of memories.Have met both of them in the 80s and 90s.Also had a chance to talk to them just a few years ago.Have their books from way back when and are very good reads.Still have their first video Bow Hunting October Whitetails.They sure dont make them like this anymore.Our younger generation of hunters could sure learn alot from these two men.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I don't know them personally, but M.R. Told me the brothers left Montana for the same reason he did - too many liberals moving into the Bitterroot Valley. Those two are my all time favorites, they just hunt and don't care if you like how they do it. Deer drives with recurves - awesome!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Thanks for sharing Brock.Brought back alot of memories.Have met both of them in the 80s and 90s.Also had a chance to talk to them just a few years ago.Have their books from way back when and are very good reads.Still have their first video Bow Hunting October Whitetails.They sure dont make them like this anymore.Our younger generation of hunters could sure learn alot from these two men.

You turned me on to "Hunting October Whitetails". Really good video, guys a genius.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
At the end of that video where Rick Blasé films Barry running through the woods dragging 10-15 lbs of sheds tied to a rope with his recurve in hand then hiding behind a tree looking for deer was priceless!

They turned Ron and I onto stump hunting with judo points because of that video! Definitely oldie but goodie! Barry shooting that small leaf on the far bank at 40 yards was sure impressive TOO!