Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

High winds

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Anyone else have damage? I woke up at 12:50 to what sounded like a tornado. Then when I walked out the door to go to work I found this.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
The sirens went off from 1 to 1:30 non-stop last night, so I was anxious for daybreak to check for trees down. Luckily, just a tarp blew off my lawn mower.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Haven't been out to look yet. I have the cable guy coming so be out looking after noon. But it was blowing about midnight here in SW Ohio. It rained all damn day. I had a new 700 ft. driveway put in last week and I believe it worked out OK as it's down hill about 50 ft. in that 700 ft.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It snapped our flag pole and blew down some limbs, but it could have been worse! The hills around here keep things from getting TOO bad.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Adam will be a busy boy today, hooking all them cable lines back up. Sorry to hear about your tree man, good thing it didn't hit your truck. Bonus is....Bonfire wood!, jut drag it out back LOL

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Luckily nothing bad here in Guernsey that I'm aware of, did alittle walk around this morning didnt see anything. Its probably a good thing TOO! I don't think the insurance company would be real happy after just paying 4 grand for hail damage on the wifes car, a new roof on the house and garage and new siding getting installed next week from the hail storm on June 25th!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Adam will be a busy boy today, hooking all them cable lines back up. Sorry to hear about your tree man, good thing it didn't hit your truck. Bonus is....Bonfire wood!, jut drag it out back LOL

Yep just hooked it to the jeep with a logging chain and drug right beside the burn pit. I wasn't to upset and kinda smiling on the inside actually. I gots me a bonfire reputation to uphold ya know. :D

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
It destroyed a huge oak in my moms back yard last night. The base takes three people to reach around and the limbs are probably close to 18 inches. Not sure how much damage it did to the building. Figure I will check it out tonight on the way home from work.

I didn't sleep a lick last night either. The winds are always worse at the house, but last night it sounded like we had a train rolling through the side yard.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
So far so good Wayne lmao. Not running into any lines down for me. Don't know about any of the other guys but it always takes a day or 2 before we start getting the calls unless they have phone. Then we are out the next morning to get it up and running.

Have not seen much damage driving around so far today. Few branches here and there is about it.

Hope all is well at your mom's Greg. That looks like a big ol oak right there.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Mainly storage for tools and tractors, and stuff like that. I have a feeling it did some good damage to the back corner of the building.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It turns out I found no damage here. I was a little concerned about my new tower. Haven't been up in the woods yet but maybe later in the day to change out the camera card since I'm not hunting. Damn.