Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Well it finally happened

teej89

NE PA
Went out to the property today to hang a stand for my dad to hunt this weekend and I saw the landowner(one of the two that own the property I hunt there) was out so I went and chatted with him. He told me the other landowner said that a neighbor was complaining that people were hunting the property. That neighbor does not have rights to hunt the land, just me, they're actually strictly forbidden from being on the land for reasons I'm not gonna get into. So I was told to stay a little low key, park my car in the driveway cuz they figured the guy saw my car parked in the woods and started complaining.

Anyways I go back in the woods and pull a card and replace it, then I go to check my stand and..... drum roll.... it's gone. Straight up jacked. Well I go and pull my camera cards then head out to the car. I get to the car and plug in the cards to my computer and wouldn't you know it. The bozo is on his ATV in FULL CAMO at 11:00 PM. Then on the other camera there he is in his truck at 8:00 PM. Well I got in touch with the one land owner, and he got pissed and said he's going to deal with it.

It's still my fault the stand got jacked, it was right off an ATV trail and I took a risk. Anyways my dad is all worked up we're getting into a mess with this and doesn't want to hunt the property at all. However I don't see a problem if we both have written permission and this guy isn't isn't even allowed on the land.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I don't see a problem either. You are dealing with an idiot, let the landowner deal with him and you go on and do your thing. Sorry to hear about your stand.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Sounds to me you've got a jealous neighbor. He wants to hunt the land you have permission to be on. Now just shoot a big one and make sure he knows about it. Never fails to amaze what people will do to drive someone off property that is not theirs to begin with. Not only has he trespassed but he's committed theft as well. I bet he'd be thinking twice about his actions if he had to spend a little time in the gray bar motel.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sounds to me you've got a jealous neighbor. He wants to hunt the land you have permission to be on. Now just shoot a big one and make sure he knows about it. Never fails to amaze what people will do to drive someone off property that is not theirs to begin with. Not only has he trespassed but he's committed theft as well. I bet he'd be thinking twice about his actions if he had to spend a little time in the gray bar motel.

Ditto...what a douchenozzle!

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Yeah i would call the game warden!!! You got pics of him trespassing on private land. Thing is also if the owner gets fired up with it all it might be closed to everyone. You got lucky that he didn't snag the cameras also.

rooster85

Lake County
That sucks TJ. Get in touch with a game warden and burn him bro. You've got photos of him. Definitely don't let this bum you out to bad.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
That sucks man. I'd let the landowner deal with him first, but if you don't get your stand back then I'd be calling the police. If that doesn't work then just drop a gut pile in his driveway... Nah, put it in his mailbox. :smiley_chinrub:

teej89

NE PA
haha thanks for the words of encouragement guys. It sucks cuz the photos I have are all infrared so you can't tell atv/truck color but the pic of the truck isn't half bad so if I see his truck I'll be able to tell if they're the same. I'm seeing if some people can enhance the images for me now as we speak. The truck pic is at 7:01pm which like 20 minutes sooner and I woulda gotten a daylight pick :tantrum:

I'm gonna let the land owner handle it and if nothing happens I'm taking the case over. This isn't going unsolved.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'd just kick his ass and get it over with.

We think alike. I'd let the LO do his thing, but don't let it slack. I would also do my own homework and if all the right channels don't work, I'm knocking on his door and we'll sort it out like gentlemen or we can roll in the dirt.

teej89

NE PA
Land owner came thru! Got my stand back today and the guy whole stole it got a real stern talking to haha and with the pics I have of him on the property it's enough to nail him for trespassing if he messed with me again.