Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I'm headed your way

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
My buddy and I are leaving for Ohio Sunday morning. It's a 14 hour drive so we're leaving here around 3am. Hunting has been slow here so we're really itching to go. We'll be there until 11/15. We're staying in the Zanesville area and hunting public land in Coshocton and Muskingum counties. This is our third year going and we're hoping our timing will be right. 2 years ago we were a little early but I manage to fill an antlerless tag with a BB. Last year our trip started slow but my buddy got a nice 10 point on the 2nd to last day of our hunt and filled his antlerless tag the next day. I think we're in better shape this year since we already have a couple of spots in mind plus we'll be there for 11 full days. Hopefully the big boys will be on their feet during daylight. Anyways thought I'd let you guys know 2 more NH boys are coming your way. We'll try to behave ourselves but no guarantees.

teej89

NE PA
ah shit man you didn't hear? Ohio is closed for the next 11 days... that whole gov't closing thing got Ohio thinking also lol!

I'm just playing, hope all goes well for ya! You'll definitely are coming in at the right time this year.

Griz

NH
Were leaving tonight at 5:30. I'm starting to load the truck now. So two more NH boys are head that way. I'm going to be a little further south in the Athens area. We have areas all ready to go also. Maybe it will be our year. Good luck to yah. Will keep intouch.
I think I can post with my Iphone. At least I will try.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Had some truck trouble Sunday on the drive here. Added 2 hours to our drive but we made it. Got it fixed at the Chevy dealership Monday morning and started scouting that afternoon. Scouted spots we hunted the last 2 years plus a few new ones. Took some time but it was needed. Our #1 spot had 5 trucks parked there the other day so we are going to a new spot we found. Going to set stands this morning and be in them this afternoon. Good buck sign in the area so hopefully we get in the way of a big one. Cold front moving through tonight so that should help things.