Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ol brow

Kentucky studd

kentucky
Here is a pic of the deer i killed 10/26/13 in ky with bow got more pics with him down just cant get them to load up 4 some reason.. 09050141.jpg09050136.jpg

Kentucky studd

kentucky
ok guys here is the story of ol brow from start to finish...sorry it's a little long...last november i had heard that there was a big buck in the area. i had never seen this buck so i thought i would put out some corn and throw up a camera to see what i could get. now remember i was already tagged out with a mid 150s 11 point from a different area. after the first night of corn being out ol brow showed up. he cont to come in everyday. on feb 10th he shed his antlers. three days with 16 hrs of walking to find his sheds. found his sheds about 30 yards apart. i was very happy with the find. it was the biggest set of sheds i had ever found. i cont to feed and watch this deer grow all summer long. now we are getting close to deer season and three days from season ol brow dissappears from the camera..my mind was reeling with horrible thoughts of what could've happend to him (poachers, traveling, etc) because he was on cam EVERYDAY. eventhough i didn't have pics for three days i still hunted opening weekend. no luck. then on monday the 9th i got the opportunity to see him and take the neck shot which i have recieved some much grief over. to my disappointment now we all know that shot did not kill the deer. i walked for 7 days trying to find anything that would let me know if the deer was dead. put numerous cams up hoping to get another pic if he was still alive. finally 17 days later i get my first pic of him since being shot in the neck. he cont to come every evening. now mind you when i got my first pic of him i was out of town working. i wasn't able to get home until the thursday before muzzleload. i hunted muzzleload weekend with no luck of seeing him. i would get out of my stand at 730p and he would come in at 740p. i hunted every evening the week following muzzleload still with no luck of seeing him before dark. i chose not to hunt on Friday and low and behold when i checked cams on sat morning ol brow was there at 640p on friday evening. so i decided to hunt sat evening. all my usual bucks came in early with tons of does. i had a nice 8pt eating corn around 630p. i looked down the ridge and saw a deer. at first i wasn't sure if it was brow or not. i pulled out my binoculars and all i could see was horns. boy was my heart pounding. i had to keep telling myself this is my second chance and i had to calm down. he came in to 40 yards. he was watching the 8pt eat corn and checking out the surroundings. then he moved into 20 yards. then he turned broadsided at 19 yards. i drew back and let the MUZZY do it's job. he went over the hill about 30 yards and humped up. then he wobbled over the hill out of site when i heard him crash. i got down to give him some time. went back an hour or so later to find him about 70 yards down in the holler from my stand. finally i got him out about 11pm. what a relief when i got my hands on him...it's been a long tough hunt which was greatly rewarded in the end..memories i will never forget.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Pics

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383241089147.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383241089147.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 128
  • uploadfromtaptalk1383241099567.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383241099567.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 95