Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My buddy scored

Kaiser878

ohio
My food buddy Jamie who owns the bow shop in town lost a lot of hunting land this year. So he was hurting for places to hunt so I hooked him up on some of my land. I recently gained access on 700 acres of big woods by my new house. I have never been so over whelmed by a piece of land in my life. I've had limited time to scout it. So I have been doing a little scouting and looking on maps. So I have been pointing him in directions of pinches and funnels I have found.

Last night I put him in a pinch by my house. At about 625 I got a text that said "I shot a Buck!" So I shimmied down my tree and headed home. We took up the track and 80 yards later we found him dead...

uploadfromtaptalk1383144274068.jpguploadfromtaptalk1383144306244.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Gotta love the pinch point sets this time of year! Congrats to your buddy Jamie on killing a nice buck and for having you for a friend! Awesome gesture on your part. Congrats to you both!

teej89

NE PA
Congrats!

And man I could see how 700 acres of big woods would be overwhelming, if you need any help to minimize the feeling of being overwhelmed you can just drop me a line ;) rotflmao

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Good stuff man. Hunting big woods is all about the terrain IMO. Sounds to me like you got a solid handle on it already! Congrats to Jamie!