Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL Deal? Anyone have any input on these Mucks?

I had a pair
Great boots
But I sold them

As for me at least the calf area was to tight ( I have large Calf's )

Also I wondered how well the neopreme uppers would hold up
As I have had waders get holes in them from thorns and get torn on branchs

So I went back to either canvase or rubber upper boots , I use both depending on the weather

John

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have a pair. They served me well. Not always great when super cold, but I feel I have learned a few things about keeping my feet more warm in the last few years. I still use them for shed hunting, scouting, dragging out deer, etc. Still waterproof but tore to pieces on the neoprene upper. I replaced them with a set of Muck Woody Elites I believe they are called.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I just bought my second pair. First pair was one of the better pairs of boots I have had over the years. Go a size bigger and use wool socks to help with warmth and sweating. Very comfortable boot.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Tractor Supply had a nice run on Muck boots on black Friday a year or two ago. Keep your eye out for that.

Yep as I bought my Muck Chore boot at TSC last year during the Thanksgiving Closeout. Great boots but I notice a little dampness during hot weather. I don't sweat much. They are very comfortable to walk in. Paid about 70.00.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I like the fit and feel of the Muck boots, but IMO they are piss-poor when it comes to durability. If you deer hunt relatively often, those neoprene sides will get chewed up and punctured very fast. I was dead set on getting a pair, then I saw my dad's 2 year old pair and now there's no way I'll ever buy them. They are only waterproof in about 6 inches of water now.

I bought a pair of the new Lacrosse Alphaburly Pro boots a couple months ago and I really like them. Light, comfortable, and much more rugged than the Mucks.