Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

yote baits and lures

Milo

Tatonka guide.
what do you all find that works? Im mostly going to do dirt hole sets and was wondering what you have had success with... I have seen where guys will use fox urine to attract them ....what do you typically do?

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I think I'm going to put the skins and other odds and ends from deer processing into a garbage bag and freeze it. Then come jan/feb/march (or whenever I get the urge) pull it out and put it out on the early some morning so it'll get some sun smell. That night sit nearby with my gun.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I own 2 canine trapping video's Milo. Sent you a PM about them.
Brock wants them before they get back here.

Thanks, Rick, but as I've told you before about your generous offers...count me out. I lose and break everything I touch!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Thanks, Rick, but as I've told you before about your generous offers...count me out. I lose and break everything I touch!
i will give brock the cliff notes version...he has ADD and plus if he puts it in his garage its gone for at least 15 years...

i need to boil some traps this coming week and get me a catch pole..

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That's almost all true... BTW, I still have that mini-cat quiver you wanted a couple of years ago. It's hanging out there if you still want it.:)

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Brock, I just want as many people as I can to help get my $$$$$$$ worth out of those video's. If I can help more yotes die, I done my job :smiley_coolpeace:

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
LOL......Understood, but I ain't sweatin those video's. Speakin' of, who's got the snare book? Is it still floating around on here? Just making sure we get my $$$$$$ worth out of that sucker TOO!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
That's almost all true... BTW, I still have that mini-cat quiver you wanted a couple of years ago. It's hanging out there if you still want it.:)

no shit you still have that? good lord brock if you ever die before my i'm coming to THAT auction...

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Dude, I have bows from the 80's out there, two catquivers (the mini, and the cat II), arrows from the 80s, some with blood still on them, fishing gear I forgot I owned, hats, treestands I'll never use again, tools made for work--------------which I never want to use again, bow presses, every kind of fletcher made, ...the list is long. I need to go to the dump.

Ric, I sent that book on to Kaiser. Where it went from there is beyond me, but I do know I was sweating bullets when I couldn't find the dang thing after Mason read through it!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Ric, I sent that book on to Kaiser. Where it went from there is beyond me, but I do know I was sweating bullets when I couldn't find the dang thing after Mason read through it!

Again, I wasn't sweatin' it. It's a book! You need to relax Brock and clean your garage........rotflmao J/K Buddy!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Again, I wasn't sweatin' it. It's a book! You need to relax Brock and clean your garage........rotflmao J/K Buddy!

For sure, but someday I may need an old Loggy treestand, or GameGetterII aluminum shafts, perhaps Autumn Orange XX75's, or Thunderhead 160's. There is just no telling what a person might need and would be glad I hung onto it for all these years. I'm only a hoarder with hunting and fishing stuff, but I do have a LOT of that. :)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Never fear Brock. I have under 2000sq ft of house, over 4000 sq ft of shop (4 buildings total not one huge one) and not a single vehicle makes it out of the weather.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
what do you all find that works? Im mostly going to do dirt hole sets and was wondering what you have had success with... I have seen where guys will use fox urine to attract them ....what do you typically do?

Ft and trapping supply has several good baits for coyote and fox. That dirt hole can be deadly but I stress location more than bait. I have a trap line running right now for mice that I use a lot in dirt hole with coyote urine on top of my hole . My hole size veries but no smaller than 3 inches and 8 to12 inches deep, with the trap bedded 8 inches back and 4 to 6 inches offset. And put my bait in the bottom of the hole the stuff a was of grass or sheep's wool on top of the bait. This makes them work your set longer. And I always find a good backing , a rock a clump of grass a chaff pile etc. This makes them work your set from the front. Any good commercial bait will work its mainly location. Sometime I use urine and in colder weather a long distance call lure on sheep's wool on top of the hole does wonders. I hope this helps you out.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Ft and trapping supply has several good baits for coyote and fox. That dirt hole can be deadly but I stress location more than bait. I have a trap line running right now for mice that I use a lot in dirt hole with coyote urine on top of my hole . My hole size veries but no smaller than 3 inches and 8 to12 inches deep, with the trap bedded 8 inches back and 4 to 6 inches offset. And put my bait in the bottom of the hole the stuff a was of grass or sheep's wool on top of the bait. This makes them work your set longer. And I always find a good backing , a rock a clump of grass a chaff pile etc. This makes them work your set from the front. Any good commercial bait will work its mainly location. Sometime I use urine and in colder weather a long distance call lure on sheep's wool on top of the hole does wonders. I hope this helps you out.
HELL YEAH it does..when i grew up in teh early 80's there were no yotes and this is all new..i was a youngin when in ran a line with dad and brother. im planning on just yotes this year and maybe into more next year..i really have a ton of coons available but not the time or space to skin and prep. i will take all advice i can get. no matter how trivial it seems please speak up because i may have or have not heard it. i have a diverse area i am focusing on and over the years i have studied their travel paths. now i plan ti put it to use..all i have are coyote traps if that says anything and i have about 48 bought up...