Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FINALLY!! Got my first deer Saturday.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Well its been a long 3 years since I started hunting. Something I fell in love with and was addicted TOO immediately. Saturday morning Im in my tree at 5:40. Not 60 seconds later, a doe walks into a field to my right. She takes almost the exact path I was on. She bedded down in the field for about an hour. Thankfully for the moon, I was able to watch her every move. Didn't see anything else all morning. Got down around 11 to grab some lunch. Pulled my trail camera card before heading to my truck. I noticed that my feeder was empty. Got to the house to make some lunch, turned on the laptop to check my card. Had 3-4 does on there, a small 3 point and a button buck as well. Once I finished lunch, I took a short nap. Left my house around 1:45, went and bought a bag of corn for the feeder. Stop and talked to someone who said the pre rut has started. Got back out to my stand, dumped some corn at the feeder and got back into the tree. Around 3:25 the button buck surprised me to my left coming into my feeder at 25 yards. I was shaking like a leaf. I grabbed my bow, aimed and let my arrow fly. I thought I had missed him. So I text my brother in law, who was on the other end of the property, and he said we needed to wait until dark. Well about 6:45 I come out of my tree. The whole time I was up there, I was trying to find my arrow through my binos. Just before I came down, a bird landed on the end of it and turned on my luminock. Came down, grabbed the arrow and had a little blood and hair on it. I was surprised. When I shot my bow, the deer didn't jump at all, he just took off like a bullet. Well I ended up finding a few drops of blood. We trailed it and the few drops turned into OJ Simpsons front porch. There was blood everywhere. The deer didn't go more than 60 yards. I hit him in the throat. I was excited as hell when I finally got my hands on him. I couldn't stop smiling. So my brother in law helped me gut him and I dragged him out. I took him to the processor yesterday and he only weighed about 61 lbs. Felt like 400 dragging him out tho. I finally got the monkey off my back. My first deer is in the books. Ill be right back out there on Saturday morning. Hope you enjoy the read as much as I enjoyed typing it.

Attachments

• 1379501_10201685526414230_1545322201_n.jpg
    1379501_10201685526414230_1545322201_n.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 74