Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My son's first bow kill~!

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
My youngest son, Eric, got his first crossbow kill tonight! He did great and even heard her crash. There wasn't much tracking to do as she didn't go far!

I don't know who is prouder, him or his momma!

erics-first-bow-kill.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Awesome Diane tell Eric I said congrats on his doe..... It's nice too get a thrill without even being in he woods.....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Proud Momma Moment! Good for you and Eric. Does it make your back feel a little better?

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Eric was hunting up behind my house. When I saw him coming down the hill at a quick pace, I knew he shot one. He had a bloody leaf in his hand to show me he had got it. (He missed twice this year) As he was telling me about the hunt, he started describing her movements and the sound of leaves being kicked up.

I asked him if he had gone over that way and he said no. I told him the sound he heard was her crashing. I so badly wanted to go up there with him, but couldn't make the hike, so my daughter and her husband came over. I sent them with the camera but they accidentally got it in video mode and couldn't get a picture.

I told them they were to get a picture no matter what! That's why the picture is in the driveway. I wanted him to have a picture of his first bow kill.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Awesome Diane! Congratulations to Eric and you! You must be one proud momma! Awesome stuff!!! Sounds like he made a great shot TOO!