Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

sent control

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I think you are giving deer too much credit. They don't have a clue that dip equates to trouble. I'm sure you've seen them lick your spit if you drop it to the ground.

Diablo54

Outside
I am a sent control freak. I take all the steps to be sent free in the stand.My downfall is I cant sit all day with out a big ol dip of copenhagen. any advice,other than the obvious:smiley_chinrub:

They like it. Had them lick it up before. But spitting on there back they don't like.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
On a serious note, you could always carry a plastic 20 oz pop bottle or Gatorade bottle and keep inside your jacket. I used to do that. Unscrew the lid, spit in, rescrew lid. Just don't forget to tighten the lid. I had a deer coming in once, couldn't get the lid tight, stood up to get my bow and warm spit went down my front. That sucked.

On a serious note, you could always carry a plastic 20 oz pop bottle or Gatorade bottle and keep inside your jacket. I used to do that. Unscrew the lid, spit in, rescrew lid. Just don't forget to tighten the lid. I had a deer coming in once, couldn't get the lid tight, stood up to get my bow and warm spit went down my front. That sucked.

Thanks for the advice Ill try the levi garret :smiley_bril:

Huckleberry Finn

The impact of this repeated movement is going to have way more effect on your hunt than just spitting over the stand. (I know that's what you do anyways Cotty).

Sissy boys, you're supposed to just swallow your dip on the stand...geesh.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The impact of this repeated movement is going to have way more effect on your hunt than just spitting over the stand. (I know that's what you do anyways Cotty).

Sissy boys, you're supposed to just swallow your dip on the stand...geesh.

Just watch your sleeve.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382913888.407432.jpg

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I've had a few deer within 10 yards this year and I had cope wintergreen spit all over the ground and they didn't care. One of them walked within 2 feet of my spit puddle.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Redman Select seems to be favored by the deer in my area. The platform of my Millennium is covered in chaw spit already and I've only sat in it twice!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Redman Select seems to be favored by the deer in my area. The platform of my Millennium is covered in chaw spit already and I've only sat in it twice!

I don't know why I never just spit down through my platform, less movement than leaning over the side. Going to start doing that!