Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What a day

rooster85

Lake County
Hunted my south stand all morning until it got to windy. Didn't see anything there so i moved locations to where i had a few nice bucks on camera. Got to my tree and apparently my stand grew legs and wandered off. The climbing sticks were content with their location and they stayed. What a day so far. I was walking back out not paying attention and bumped a nice 6 pt. Then i notice another stand hanging that isn't mine. WTF. Somebody needs an ass whooping and i need some whiskey. Sorry for the rant guys, hope everybody else is having a better day than i am.

rooster85

Lake County
Well, i checked out the new stand i found hanging and its mine. The idiot pulled it from one spot on my property and moved it to another spot still on my property. I actually had a conservation officer out there three weeks ago and he found one more stand on my place that i hadn't seen yet. Had him back out yesterday to deal with the theft. What a nightmare.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Well, i checked out the new stand i found hanging and its mine. The idiot pulled it from one spot on my property and moved it to another spot still on my property. I actually had a conservation officer out there three weeks ago and he found one more stand on my place that i hadn't seen yet. Had him back out yesterday to deal with the theft. What a nightmare.

What kind of goober will straight move your stand on your own property. That's one ballsy trespasser. Lol

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark

Just wow........

Milo

Tatonka guide.
man that stinks....had that happen when i was a younger, eager and vengeful young lad.... i cut the tree down it was onrotflmao be he was pissed:smiley_bril:

rooster85,
I've never had a stand stolen, because it was either on my back or I was in it. My stand goes with me...in and out, no matter who owns the property. The time/effort it takes put a treestand up and take it down, far out weighs it getting stolen.

I don't leave treestands out because:
* The elements are hard on the parts.
* The critters are hard on the parts.
* Theft. It only gets stolen once and I can't afford to give treestands away.
* I don't want anyone to know the area is being hunted. It's better for the trespasser to not know that this particular area is a good place to hunt. Some idiots will put up a stand next a stand, just because they're too lazy to figure out where a good place might be, to put up a stand.

Bowhunter57